Happy Independence Day to All You Other Free White Men

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Were the Founding Fathers were speaking only of free white men in their discourse on rights and independence?

Martin Luther King didn't think so! “When the architects of our republic wrote the magnificent words of the … Declaration of Independence, they were signing a promissory note… that all men, yes, black men as well as white men, would be guaranteed the unalienable rights.”
I guess he was considering women in there as well.

This year, on August 26th we celebrate the 100th Anniversary of Women's Independence Day.

On June 19th, we celebrated the 155th anniversary of the emancipation of those who had been enslaved in the United States, notably Africans and African Americans.

What a great three months of celebration.

Have I forgotten any group?
Feel free to recognize them in your posts!

vantexan

Were the Founding Fathers were speaking only of free white men in their discourse on rights and independence?

Martin Luther King didn't think so! “When the architects of our republic wrote the magnificent words of the … Declaration of Independence, they were signing a promissory note… that all men, yes, black men as well as white men, would be guaranteed the unalienable rights.”

This year, on August 26th we celebrate the 100th Anniversary of Women's Independence Day.

On June 19th, we celebrated the 155th anniversary of the emancipation of those who had been enslaved in the United States, notably Africans and African Americans.

And don't forget it was white men who emancipated both groups. And now it's white women colluding with black men to put us evil white men in chains. The circle of life. :)

floridays

And don't forget it was white men who emancipated both groups. And now it's white women colluding with black men to put us evil white men in chains. The circle of life. :)
Black guys were endowed by our creator just a little more than you pastey types. :blink::lol::lol:
You've never been in a locker room?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I remember when I retired and somebody said, "Free, free at last! to which I replied, "Nope ... still married!"

refineryworker05

I do not care if the founders were speaking about only white men. The constitution has been amended many times now, laws have changed, etc. The founders laid out a path for Americans to adapt our constitution and this nation. They laid out a path to seek to improve this nation and Americans honor that tradition till this day.

floridays

Lol your post is absurd. I posted the constitution has been amended...… So what's your point?
The founders laid out a path for Americans to adapt our constitution and this nation.
You did mention the amendment process, then went to adaption.
I understand your type, your're a mob rule person. You like the democratic form of government, the mob rules. Kinda like what we see ruling the streets these days. Kinda like mayors and governors issuing edicts, going around the legislative bodies they head. Mayors and governors have been adapting under this "crisis."
You are fine with the Constitution being adapted as well, if you adapt the Constitution you have nothing beyond what the next infidels force with mob rule.

vantexan

I do not care if the founders were speaking about only white men. The constitution has been amended many times now, laws have changed, etc. The founders laid out a path for Americans to adapt our constitution and this nation. They laid out a path to seek to improve this nation and Americans honor that tradition till this day.
By wanting to do away with Mt. Rushmore for example?

vantexan

Black guys were endowed by our creator just a little more than you pastey types. :blink::lol::lol:
You've never been in a locker room?
I was in Air Force basic training with a white guy who was 5'9", 160 lbs, and hung like a horse. The first day in the showers all the black guys were staring at him. He grinned and said "well this certainly dispels a few myths!" But yeah, generally black men are bigger.

newfie

they spoke the words of their time in the context of their time. It was up to us that come along later to decide their verbiage needed clarification.

It is our time to not wonder as to who still needs to acquire their freedom but as to who may lose it in the future

The pendulum swings from one side to the other and eventually left to its natural forces will settle somewhere in the middle.
the force of the pendulum swinging sometimes permanently moves the middle a notch to one side or the other.
The intent behind our consitution was that mobocracy would not create servere swings of the pendulum but that it would move more gradually over larger periods of time.
There has been an extreme effort in recent times to move the pendulum left and thus we have seen and continue to see. Within that effort to swing it wildly to the left we have seen the middle settle a bit more to the left. So the rainbow (lgbtq) issues that could not be publicly accepted by our politicians a few decades ago are suddenly loudly embraced.
So what happens to the rainbow issues if 50 years from now some religious extremism such as the islamic state doubles and triples in population and dominates and influences us back to the right? This threat is literally happening to europe right now.
we have provided ourselves as to being the melting pot but that has been contingent on the ingredients desiring to melt and blend within our great country. In europe those who immigrate there do not melt and blend they stay solid what they are and plot to eventually overthrow the the various systems there for an islamic state. The snake lurks within welcomed and protected by them.

We have welcomed the snake into our house because its soooo progressive to do so. As Donald has famously said the snake will bite us no matter how much compassion we show it because after all the snake is a snake acting like a snake.

refineryworker05

You did mention the amendment process, then went to adaption.
I understand your type, your're a mob rule person. You like the democratic form of government, the mob rules. Kinda like what we see ruling the streets these days. Kinda like mayors and governors issuing edicts, going around the legislative bodies they head. Mayors and governors have been adapting under this "crisis."
You are fine with the Constitution being adapted as well, if you adapt the Constitution you have nothing beyond what the next infidels force with mob rule.
Oh so you are irrational. I see that. Using the word adapting doesn't imply all the stuff you are pontificating. Smh.