Happy Kwanza

moreluck

golden ticket member
What does Kwanzaa celebrate?
Dr. Maulana Karenga, professor and chairman of Black Studies at California State University, Long Beach, created Kwanzaa in 1966. After the Watts riots in Los Angeles, Dr. Karenga searched for ways to bring African-Americans together as a community. He founded US, a cultural organization, and started to research African “first fruit” (harvest) celebrations. Karenga combined aspects of several different harvest celebrations, such as those of the Ashanti and those of the Zulu, to form the basis of Kwanzaa.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
African Heritage.
Fine by me.
Doesn't apply to me and most importantly, Kwanzaa does not impact me.
If it makes people feel better about themselves (and not hurt others) I am all for it.
I don't need a holiday to make me feel better about myself.
Donuts do the trick

W

What The Hawk?

Dr. Maulana Karenga, professor and chairman of Black Studies at California State University, Long Beach, created Kwanzaa in 1966. After the Watts riots in Los Angeles, Dr. Karenga searched for ways to bring African-Americans together as a community. He founded US, a cultural organization, and started to research African “first fruit” (harvest) celebrations. Karenga combined aspects of several different harvest celebrations, such as those of the Ashanti and those of the Zulu, to form the basis of Kwanzaa.
The cartoon Arthur taught me that. LOL