Happy Labor Day

moreluck

golden ticket member
Heaven is blessed with perfect rest but the blessing of earth is toil. ~Henry van Dyke

God sells us all things at the price of labor. ~Leonardo da Vinci

Work isn't to make money; you work to justify life. ~Marc Chagall

Without labor nothing prospers. ~Sophocles

moreluck

golden ticket member
We still have pulled pork for sandwiches with coleslaw to put on them. Maybe for tomorrow we'll do the bbq chicken.
Relax and enjoy the day.

Last edited:

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Statue of Peter J. McGuire in Arlington Cemetery.Peter J. McGuire
1852-1906
Peter J. McGuire was a founder of the Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners and was First Secretary-Treasurer of the American Federation of Labor. He is credited with proposing the first Labor Day celebration, which was held in New York in 1882. It became a national holiday in 1894, when Grover Cleveland signed it into law. McGuire's birthplace has been listed as Dublin, Philadelphia, or New York, depending on which source you read. His final days were spent in Camden, NJ, and he is buried in Arlington Cemetery in Pennsauken, NJ.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Worked @ Arlington cemetary as a grounds keeper and grave digger 3 summers during high school . The last week of August we would be tasked with the work of spiffing up the area around the monument for the labor day ceremonies. The last year I did it I got the worst case of poison ivy !!.Any way he was a Irishman go figure.

mcguire.jpg
mcguire.jpg

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
The corn looks great a little "Old Bay" good stuff. Had filets yesterday cooked them on the grill in the rain.Today will be traditional fare hot dogs and hamburgers. Anyway not a beach day today either.I think the remnants of Issac got here sooner than expected.

menotyou

bella amicizia
photo.JPG
I will be cooking on this today. I love cooking outdoors. Burgers always taste better. I have a big, fancy gas grill. But, I would much rather cook this way.
photo.JPG

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
This goes with the thread I want one.An outdoor wood fired beehive oven to make pizza ,bread ,etc. A glass of vino and your all set. Maybe I will ask for a small wine press ?

p70_320.jpg
p70_320.jpg

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Do they let you husk them at the store out there ? I have noticed latley a large trash barrel next to the corn so you can husk and bag them on the spot.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Grilling, but keeping it simple......
You know those wieners where when you bite them they 'snap'. We're having those and I made some great potato salad too. Not a lot of work for Labor Day.