Happy retirement

curiousbrain

Hate to burst your bubble but, depending on your age, you may have to work more than 30 years to receive a normal pension.

Quite alright, you're not bursting my bubble.

I'm hoping to be successful enough that I can retire well before 30 years - what young person doesn't have that hope? If not, then it is what it is and I will work until I drop.

raceanoncr

Happy RT, brown. You ain't gonna regret it one iota! (Well, unless you do stooopid things like me that hamper your mobility)

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Perfect. Enjoy the good times ahead.
[video=youtube;sJ8mlC3mWW4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ8mlC3mWW4[/video]

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Assuming that I continue to "hold over" two weeks of vacation, and without factoring in any accumulated sick days or optional holidays that I may have...I can retire on a full PEER 80 pension in 5 years, 11 months and 28 days.

I could technically hit PEER 80 sooner than that, but I would be leaving 7 weeks of vacation pay on the table by leaving any earlier in the year.

Will I retire on that day? Probably not...but the knowledge that I could will dramatically change my perspective about the daily frustrations of the job.

tarbar66

Assuming that I continue to "hold over" two weeks of vacation, and without factoring in any accumulated sick days or optional holidays that I may have...I can retire on a full PEER 80 pension in 5 years, 11 months and 28 days.

I could technically hit PEER 80 sooner than that, but I would be leaving 7 weeks of vacation pay on the table by leaving any earlier in the year.

Will I retire on that day? Probably not...but the knowledge that I could will dramatically change my perspective about the daily frustrations of the job.

Sober,

I was in the same situation as you were when I retired. After I hit that magic day everything else was easy. What use to frustrate me no longer did. The best part was finally being out of the tunnel and in to the light, not chasing it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Yes it does Sober ... I enjoy my time spent at UPS more since I turned 55 than I ever did before. I still work as hard as before but nothing frustrates me and the pressure is greatly reduced.

The Milkman

From hell to heaven, UPS colored roses

There is Life after Brown and thankfully you a left in fairly good shape to enjoy it..Jan 1st was my 3rd anniversary retired...Life is good as long as you live long enough to enjoy the benefits you earned busting your tail at UPS...I left at 55 so if I live to 80 then I would of worked 25 and got a ride for 25 into the sunset:happy-very:

whiskey

There is Life after Brown and thankfully you a left in fairly good shape to enjoy it..Jan 1st was my 3rd anniversary retired...Life is good as long as you live long enough to enjoy the benefits you earned busting your tail at UPS...I left at 55 so if I live to 80 then I would of worked 25 and got a ride for 25 into the sunset:happy-very:

May your casket be made from the wood of a 100 year old oak tree, that is planted tomorrow.