Happy Thanksgiving (2012)

moreluck

golden ticket member
Twas the night of thanksgiving, but I just couldn't sleep.
I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep.
The leftovers beckoned, the dark meat and white,
But I forgot the temptation with all of my might.

Tossing and turning with anticipation,
The thought of a snack became infatuation!
So I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door,
And gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore!

I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes.
Pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes.
I felt myself swelling so plump and so round
'Til all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.

I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky.
With a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie.
But I managed to yell, as I soared past the trees:
"Happy eating to all--pass the cranberries, please!"

As you celebrate Thanksgiving, hopefully with family and friends,
here's my wish for you:

May your stuffing be tasty, may your turkey be plump.
May your potatoes 'n' gravy have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious, may your pies take the prize.
May your holiday dinner thrill your taste buds and eyes!

Mr. Food

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Happy Thanksgiing (2012)

Happy Thanksgiving. I really look forward to the holidays. Working so much, I never get to see much of the family, so I am thankful just to be with them.

packageguy

Re: Happy Thanksgiing (2012)

Happy thanksgiving ... Love this Holiday, eat, eat, and eat, then wake up and go to work, Calling in seniority drivers to deliver the airs. I love it...

moreluck

golden ticket member

All the food shows on the food network are doing Thanksgiving dinners.
I saw Ree Drummond, the Pioneer Woman today. She did a Green Beans & Tomatoes recipe that sounded pretty good and I might try it myself.

[h=1]Green Beans and Tomatoes[/h]
[h=2]Ingredients[/h]
  • 8 slices bacon (regular, not thick cut), cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
  • Three 14.5-ounce cans whole tomatoes with juice
  • Salt and black pepper
  • Cayenne pepper
[h=2]Directions[/h]Add the bacon to a large Dutch oven and cook over medium heat until light golden (not crisp). Drain off the excess fat, and then add the onions. Cook until the bacon and onions are golden brown. Add the green beans and tomatoes to the pan. Sprinkle in salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste. Stir gently to combine, and then and cover the pot and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 1 hour.

Last edited:

texan

155974_300145570089347_46362183_n.jpg

S

serenity now

what is your favorite prepared dish to eat on thanksgiving ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Blessing at Thanksgiving:

Thank You for My Life.........Dear God, thank you for my life on this earth, however challenging or not.

Thank you for giving me free will to love and be loved, to make my own decisions, to learn from my mistakes, to laugh when I am happy, to cry when I am sad.

Thank you for my family, my friends, my pets, my colleagues, and for every other living creature I meet along my journey.

Thank you for giving me strength to overcome adversity, to do what's right for the benefit of the greater good, to rise above negativity.

Thank you for giving me hope for an end to world suffering, pain, and war, for a beginning of a world filled with light and everlasting love.
By Debbie Gissoni

moreluck

golden ticket member
To our friends who have become family

and our family who have become friends--

May you be blessed with the same

love and care you've given us.

texan

Thanksgiving is more than just a time to gather with family to enjoy a good meal.
It is a religious holiday that calls Americans to reflect upon their life, examine their ways, and give thanks
for their blessings. History records many lessons that can be learned from Thanksgiving.

In 1621 a group of religious Puritans left England to seek a land that would allow them religious freedom.
Persecution pushed them to make a "pilgrimage" to America.
It is from this journey that they became known as the "pilgrims."

When the Pilgrims settled in America they were greeted by the Wampanoag Indians.
History records about 90 Indians and 50 Puritans shared a meal of thanksgiving together sometime between
September 21 and November 9. Based on the numbers, it was probably the Indians who brought most of the food.
And let us not be mistaken, it was the Pilgrims who were the visitors and not the hosts to this meal.

When they first gathered, the Pilgrims' Thanksgiving was not a scheduled event.
It become an American ritual 200 years later. President George Washington declared November 26, 1789 a
day of thanksgiving and prayer in honor of the establishment of the new government.

Washington wanted this holiday to be renewed yearly but faced harsh criticism from Thomas Jefferson, who
stated the government had no authority to observe a religious holiday. It was in the midst of the civil war
that President Abraham Lincoln declared the final Thursday in November as a national day of gratitude.
Washington, Jefferson, and Lincoln all agreed that Thanksgiving is a spiritual holiday for worship and appreciation.

A

anonymous6

my favorite holiday too. when growing up huge Italian dinners with 3 tables full of people. so many fun memories.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I hated Christmas eve dinner at my grandma's house.......baccala !!! There were 7 fish dishes and I hate fish!! Sometimse there was octopus.....eeewwwww!!