Happy Thanksgiving !!! What are you thankful for ???

island1fox

:happy2:Happy Thanksgiving to all no matter what are differences may be.
I am thankful for my wife, my life, my family and for God and country.
I wish a very happy holiday season to all !!!

browndevil

:happy2:Happy Thanksgiving to all no matter what are differences may be.
I am thankful for my wife, my life, my family and for God and country.
I wish a very happy holiday season to all !!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Island! I am a believer that there is far more that unites us here on BC than divides us. We all want basicaly the same thing but have different views on how to achieve it

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We very recently (Nov. 4th) lost a valued member of our local running community, Mike Broderick. He was a good runner and a great running coach, in fact earlier this year my wife attended his coaching certification course to get her own RRCA coaching certification. If you'd seen this guy 3 months ago he looked on top of the world, he was in great shape and had run a couple tough ultra-marathons during the year, including the Western States 100 miler. In October he was diagnosed with lung cancer and a few short weeks later he was dead. It happened that quick. The Washington Post had a nice Memoriam for him today.

This morning I met up with a running buddy to knock out a nice long run before we stuffed ourselves with turkey, and we talked about Mike and I thought about how quickly all the things I take for granted, my health, my physicality, my beautiful wife, my wonderful life, could all be taken away in a moment by cruel chance. It made me feel very thankful to have all those things and especially to have made it through another year with my health intact.
So here's hoping that you guys all had a wonderful day with plenty of good food, and wishing you continued good health and good fortune in the years ahead.

Dallas lost today, but I guess I can't have everything :happy-very:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Im thankful for my health, my family, my dogs, my friends. For being able to provide a decent life for my kids, and for a job I often complain about.
Im thankful God gave me the power to be a strong Mom, and raise some tough boys who have been through Hell this year, and can move on.
Im thankful God has given us doctors, Heros, or I would not have a husband to be thankful for and I am thankful for him every day.
Im thankful for Our military who defend us every day, and sacrifice so much.
Im thankful I was born here, instead of some awful country.
Im thankful I was born of sound mind (sort of) so I can pursue things in life others cant.
Im thankful for beer and black velvet.
Im thankful I no longer have pink kitchen cupboards, and have a nice cozy kitchen Ive always dreamed of.
Im pretty darn thankful for everything I have, and for BC for increasing my pool of friends.
The best to all of my BC friends.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm thankful I'm on the greenside of the sod.

I'm thankful for the best husband & help mate.
I'm thankful for kids that have survived their own struggles.
I'm thankful for grandkids.....mouths & all.
I'm thankful for friends still left here to talk to.