Harassed daily.

If you truly have a serious medical condition then file for intermitant FMLA. Get it approved and your center manager will be violating federal law then.

upsmanclt

If you truly have a serious medical condition then file for intermitant FMLA. Get it approved and your center manager will be violating federal law then.

I did this years ago, right after FMLA passed. Doctor wrote restrictions for working no more than 40 hours in a week. There where several Fridays I brought the package car back to the building before completing the route because I had reached my 40 hours. We, center manager and I, decided that taking every Wed. off was better than bringing the package car back to the building. This lasted for about 6 months.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
If management is pushing you so hard you are going to teh ER over stress then m'friend you need to push BACK.
File File File.
If you are nt happy with your representation the you need go to Union meetings,get the president of your local involved.
I can't help but believe as well that here is a bit more to the story

S

serenity now

All I know is if your dr wrote a note stating you can't work over 9.5, he
1. got that language from some one.
2. was coached to say that.

roger that, miss menotyou * doc is not gonna just pull that magic 9.5 number out of his arse

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
I feel for ya brother, I've seen this type of harassment before. One driver in my center was getting harass so bad. That one day he was being followed by the center manager. and the DM. He lost it, said he wasn't feeling right and called a ambulance. The center manager and DM where yelling at him saying you cant go, if you go in that ambulance you will be fired, and banging on the back door of the ambulance when he was in it. Needless to say they where both transferred. The driver has been back to work for awhile now and nobody say anything to him at all, they don't even look at him.

ymelord

I was intimidated, harassed and threatened when I opted in the 9.5 list. since then, it got so bad that I ended up in the E.R. for severe stress and anxiety by my crummy boss. After missing all of February, I get released by my doctor to come back to without restrictions. My boss gave me a list of job related requirements to have my doctor sign off on. One of the requirements was that I needed to be able to work UP TO 9.5 hours per day, 5 days a week. My doctor signed off on that but added (that I cannot exceed working 9.5 hours in a 24 hour period). my boss allowed me to work when I returned (earlier than supposed to), because he was short-handed, I got my space and visibilty ride the same day, and then that evening told me that my work release wasn't good enough. Now I am sitting at home because he won't allow me on road. The union says I'm cleared by my doctor and should be working, yet here I sit. Should I? Could I file a lawsuit? I've been an incident free driver for 18 years, and since opting in 9.5, I've been harassed, threatened, stressed, intimidated, and over dispatched deliberately almost every day. The union does nothing. Any opinions on my potential suit?
Go in to your office, and attempt to apply for work comp. UPS won't let you, will say no accident, no injury, not comp. Then you need to go and see a lawyer, and have them do the talking for you. It happened at work, caused from a hostile work environment. Been there done that, wasn't harassed for 9.5, but it was retaliation taken way over board. Comp ended up paying all my medical bills. If the union said your cleared for work, and wasn't able to get you back to work, you have let do process play out, talk to an attorney. Good luck. One last thing always talk to UPS with a steward present.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
There was recently a case against an employer that went in the employees favor, regarding on-the-job issues such as these. I believe it was supreme court, perhaps not... either way it did set a precedent for employer liability for workmans comp with "injuries" that were not directly physical in nature.

I am quite certain that UPS and other big bullies do not want this to be well-known, because in many cases they're philosophy and business model would need a complete overhaul. :sick:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I was intimidated, harassed and threatened when I opted in the 9.5 list. since then, it got so bad that I ended up in the E.R. for severe stress and anxiety by my crummy boss. After missing all of February, I get released by my doctor to come back to without restrictions. My boss gave me a list of job related requirements to have my doctor sign off on. One of the requirements was that I needed to be able to work UP TO 9.5 hours per day, 5 days a week. My doctor signed off on that but added (that I cannot exceed working 9.5 hours in a 24 hour period). my boss allowed me to work when I returned (earlier than supposed to), because he was short-handed, I got my space and visibilty ride the same day, and then that evening told me that my work release wasn't good enough. Now I am sitting at home because he won't allow me on road. The union says I'm cleared by my doctor and should be working, yet here I sit. Should I? Could I file a lawsuit? I've been an incident free driver for 18 years, and since opting in 9.5, I've been harassed, threatened, stressed, intimidated, and over dispatched deliberately almost every day. The union does nothing. Any opinions on my potential suit?

Are u the same that cries your overloaded everyday then sneaks into the office and clocks out after 7 hours? Come paycheck Friday your ready to file for not getting paid for 8 hours? That's u isn't it?

rudy5150

As soon as a bean counter is in control of a company sell sell sell!! Thats all folks, its only a matter of time..company is doomed

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm just amazed at all the suggestions on how to get out of work there are. I'm not saying its right or wrong. I guess I was just razed different.

packageguy

I don't understand, you can work 9.5 but not 10... Something sounds wrong.. But you want a lawsuit... Why did your doctor release you? Let me guess, you thought the company would do the right thing by you....

UPSGUY72

I'm just amazed at all the suggestions on how to get out of work there are. I'm not saying its right or wrong. I guess I was just razed different.

Some people just don't like to work. They will spend more time trying to find ways to get out of work then it would take to do the work.

You where taught that nothing is giving to you if you want something you have to work for it which is the right way. Other people where taught that its ok to free load off others.

UPSGUY72

Where did the OP go ??? He starts a thread some people ask questions and he seems to have run back into the hole he crawled out of....

Brokedownandbrown

If you file 9.5, better have ducks in a row. Management will be up your ass until they see you can't be pushed round. Its worth the short term harassment for the long term short day on Friday. Anybody not on the list, get ready for massive O.T..