Harassment/Fit for duty "On Topic"

Experience about what? I'm sorry, what's the subject? Are they calling you physically or mentally

unfit? Anyone help me here? What happened?
Experience of being tested to see if you are mentally fit of doing our job and what it would entail... (not drug tested) Long story short. I have no discipline history because I have been standing up against their harassment and now it just keeps getting worse. (They told me they were going to give me a warning letter for using my first PAID sick day of the year at one point.)

542thruNthru

Experience of being tested to see if you are mentally fit of doing our job and what it would entail... (not drug tested) Long story short. I have no discipline history because I have been standing up against their harassment and now it just keeps getting worse. (They told me they were going to give me a warning letter for using my first PAID sick day of the year at one point.)

Just relax, file and don't let them get to you.

It's just a scare tactic.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
There just has to be more to this story. we see this all the time here.

it doesn't make sense. you are leaving out important information. harassment and intimidation is just a blanket statement. how about the whole history. when and why did this start? what were your grievances for. are you one of those PIA employees that just likes to cause problems and files every grievance you can file?

You put a target on your back from something. it just doesn't happen out of thin air. there are two sides to every story and unfortunately we can only hear your side. if you are leaving out important details to make yourself look good I just can't see how anyone here can help.

Rack em

Made the Podium

it doesn't make sense. you are leaving out important information. harassment and intimidation is just a blanket statement. how about the whole history. when and why did this start? what were your grievances for. are you one of those PIA employees that just likes to cause problems and files every grievance you can file?

You put a target on your back from something. it just doesn't happen out of thin air. there are two sides to every story and unfortunately we can only hear your side. if you are leaving out important details to make yourself look good I just can't see how anyone here can help.
My guess is OP is the only person in his center willing to stick up for himself and his management team doesn't want other people to follow suit. So they are trying to break him down to show the rest "what happens when you file" to intimidate them from not becoming like OP.

They tried it with me a while ago because I have a tendency to be the squeaky wheel at my center. They were under prepared when trying to issue me a warning letter and instead I threw the contract right back at them. Not only did I not get a warning letter because they failed to remember their own policies, but I got to file another harassment grievance and make them look stupid as I did it. I live for those moments!

I am in the SAP program from a dui. Took leave then came back and get every other Monday off for drs. Appointment. When I came back I filed for not getting my vacation pay and they said you got it with all your excess over time. Finally got in resolved then after they started calling me in the office everyday due to performance because I follow the methods and poor dispatch. They would say there are two different versions of me and they don’t like the one I am because I am not a “runner”. I’ve had had a cut achilles tendon and also wrist surgery and finally realized it’s a marathon and not a sprint. (Non job related injuries) I Called out sick with my first of five sick days. Got called into office being told I was getting a warning letter due to calling off. Days they over dispatched me I told them it was to much more work I wouldn’t be able to finish so there reply well now I have a reason to come follow you obviously as a form of intimidation. Say stupid things like now I’m going to call you Polly pockets because you always have your hands in your pockets and it just goes on. Finally I went to the building manager and said man to man what is his problem with me bc he knew everything I’ve been through and that I’m there to do my job and go home. That didn’t resolve anything. Then I Had two ojs rides a month apart and the second one which was on Black Friday ended with the sup telling me to take the truck out even tho the marker light wasn’t working. Finally got light fixed and we left. I was doing 40 in a 45 in a high traffic area and he said the speed limit wasn’t 40 I replied I know. He then replied that if it was going to be like this he would get me for sabotage. I pulled over and told him he needed to stop threatening me so I could continue. He keep trying to tell me to cut thru woods and yards which I said no that’s not the ups methods I was taught. After that I filed for harassment, intimidation, threatening me and instructing me to work in an unsafe manner. Grievances got turned in. Then center manager tells me “I’m :censored2:ed” (also have witnesses). Then shortly after during peak I get a text from him saying how he wants to fire me. So I grieved the comment and text. And stated that they are now messing with my mental state of mind. I then noticed my time cards were being altered and called the 800 number about everything and had a sup fix them. Started a new bid trip. Sup was trying to make me run. He would literally be huffing and puffing by the time I got to the truck. He tried to get me to sign for a package for a business and just leave it and I told him no he could falsify records but I wouldn’t. He keep getting me to try to scan while walking and I told them that is not how they teach us to do it in driving school. We then talked about how I would not be able to do the numbers that we were doing because he was delivering stops with a phone and helping with pickups and he agreed also because of area knowledge. So what does he do. First day on my own the pickups and the stop count goes up. Sent in messages businesses and pickups would be missed. In return received a little help but still had service failures. Next day sup goes back out with me. Pushing me to go faster and instructed me to scan while walking so I did so and unfortunately now I am injured and on light duty. They refused to acknowledge that my injury was because of his instructions but I researched my rights and asked for the list of drs to choose from which finally I received and now am getting proper care. Heard grievances today and it was a run around even with black and white evidence. It was brought up that they want to see if I am deemed mentally fit to do the job in response of the grievances.

My guess is OP is the only person in his center willing to stick up for himself and his management team doesn't want other people to follow suit. So they are trying to break him down to show the rest "what happens when you file" to intimidate them from not becoming like OP.

They tried it with me a while ago because I have a tendency to be the squeaky wheel at my center. They were under prepared when trying to issue me a warning letter and instead I threw the contract right back at them. Not only did I not get a warning letter because they failed to remember their own policies, but I got to file another harassment grievance and make them look stupid as I did it. I live for those moments!

yes our center is a smaller one and most of the drivers are afraid to file for their rights due to retaliation. I needed to take a stand and thus am in the situation I am in now. I also told them I want to work within my restrictions because they are suppose to have a TAW list and I want my hours so they tell me to go sit in the break room for 8 hrs...

542thruNthru

yes our center is a smaller one and most of the drivers are afraid to file for their rights due to retaliation. I needed to take a stand and thus am in the situation I am in now. I also told them I want to work within my restrictions because they are suppose to have a TAW list and I want my hours so they tell me to go sit in the break room for 8 hrs...

Just remember. You're picking a fight with a adversary that can see everything.

What I mean by that is if you want to take on the company you better have your ducks in a row because the computer sees all your mistakes and doesn't forget.

Know the 340 methods and apply them. Know your contract. Know the safety crap. If you do not know these well then I suggest you use those 8 hours in the break room to study them and commit them to memory.

Don't try and get cute with the company. Saying things like you did opens you up to things you're not prepared for. Learn to smile and speak with a pen. Don't mix words with management just nod and file.

If you need the 340 methods you can find them here.
List of the methods

If you do not have your contract. Download it here.
NATIONAL MASTER UNITED PARCEL SERVICE AGREEMENT

Remember this isn't a war that you win and goes away. This is a constant fight and you should remember that everytime you think of taking a short cut. Because trust me your management team or labor manager will not forget and they have your whole career to try and make you pay for it.

Good luck and keep your head.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Just remember. You're picking a fight with a adversary that can see everything.

What I mean by that is if you want to take on the company you better have your ducks in a row because the computer sees all your mistakes and doesn't forget.

Know the 340 methods and apply them. Know your contract. Know the safety crap. If you do not know these well then I suggest you use those 8 hours in the break room to study them and commit them to memory.

Don't try and get cute with the company. Saying things like you did opens you up to things you're not prepared for. Learn to smile and speak with a pen. Don't mix words with management just nod and file.

If you need the 340 methods you can find them here.
List of the methods

If you do not have your contract. Download it here.
NATIONAL MASTER UNITED PARCEL SERVICE AGREEMENT

Remember this isn't a war that you win and goes away. This is a constant fight and you should remember that everytime you think of taking a short cut. Because trust me your management team or labor manager will not forget and they have your whole career to try and make you pay for it.

Good luck and keep your head.
Everything @542thruNthru said! You can't just use the methods for a week then go back to cutting corners because it will come back to bite you in the ass. It is very hard to retrain yourself to do all the little stuff like 3 points of contact, use walk paths only, fold mirrors in, check around and under your package car, etc. at every single stop! But once you do it's a very good feeling to know you are doing what the company TELLS you to do and it adds a bunch of time. What the company wants is for you to know what they tell you to do but work how the actually want you to work. Unfortunately a lot of people fall for their crap.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Why am I not surprised.

I am in the SAP program from a dui.

@Just In Brown

A short term employee with substance abuse problems, coupled with multiple

injuries, and stating their harassment is causing mental issues....

You are a giant red flag, pointing to a future history of being a constant liability.

Buckle up.... it's going to be a long ride.

-Bug-

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

as you can see a couple posts from your maybe the rest of the story came out.

What does this mean?

When called back what did the Help line say?
HR called from a private UPS number to say they received the info and will be in contact. Then HR Followed up and called me and asked for details and then acted like they were in a rush to get off the phone and said thank up and hung up. Now it’s about three months later and haven’t heard anything or seen any changes.