Harassment/Fit for duty "On Topic"

Why am I not surprised.

@Just In Brown

A short term employee with substance abuse problems, coupled with multiple

injuries, and stating their harassment is causing mental issues....

You are a giant red flag, pointing to a future history of being a constant liability.

Buckle up.... it's going to be a long ride.

-Bug-

DUI was barley over the limit had the choice of not losing my license and having it on my record or lose it for 30 days with it off my record. This was over two years ago. As per injures all were non work related except the last on. Also I do not have a history of discipline with UPS even tho they keep trying. Also I am the driver that goes and helps my fellow union members when needed and put in 14 hr days even before peak. As soon as I came back from my last personal leave I bid a trip they wanted a “runner” on didn’t make them happy. Because the person that ran it signed for packages skipped lunch. This was in September. And I even talked to the building manager after their 30 days were up to put me on the trip and agreed to wait until after peak. He just has a personal vendetta because I won’t crack. The sups see that I am a good worker and usually don’t bother me unless he uses them as puppets. As per mental issues all I ment is harassment caused stress which is a mental issue but yes I should have not worded it like that now I am just trying to know all possible options I have.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
DUI was barley over the limit had the choice of not losing my license and having it on my record or lose it for 30 days with it off my record. This was over two years ago. As per injures all were non work related except the last on. Also I do not have a history of discipline with UPS even tho they keep trying. Also I am the driver that goes and helps my fellow union members when needed and put in 14 hr days even before peak. As soon as I came back from my last personal leave I bid a trip they wanted a “runner” on didn’t make them happy. Because the person that ran it signed for packages skipped lunch. This was in September. And I even talked to the building manager after their 30 days were up to put me on the trip and agreed to wait until after peak. He just has a personal vendetta because I won’t crack. The sups see that I am a good worker and usually don’t bother me unless he uses them as puppets. As per mental issues all I ment is harassment caused stress which is a mental issue but yes I should have not worded it like that now I am just trying to know all possible options I have.

You're a female.... right ?

Faceplanted

Nobody cares if you blew a .081 or a .2, dui is a dui. You were in sap. They obviously will use this against you. Don’t make excuses for past mistakes, take credit for them and just don’t do it again. You need to be taking notes of all talks with management and you should have filed every single day you were in the office getting harassed for over allow.

You're a female.... right ?
No. I’m not sure which way your trying to go with that....So with that said I’m not a bitch either I just had enough of their :censored2:. I’m starting to have dreams about this place and It’s to the point that fellow drivers are coming to me asking what I did to have them hate me because from all they see is I’m a quiet guy that doesn’t bother anyone and just comes in and does my job and helps others whenever I can. I been here for six years and am full time.
Our building is divided and weak. Most of us believe two of our three stewards are in with management. We have one driver sup going to panel for all his harassment on everyone and prior to my last ride along with him when I got hurt he has never really bothered me. There are grievances filed on behalf of all members due to being threatened at PCMs by the center manager. We had a driver file his first grievances in I believe 15 years on them for harassment but besides that people are scared to stand up and file due to retaliation. It’s just getting bad.

But no I’m a man under 40 and am white but may have a disability that falls under the ada if that’s what you were trying to get at.

Nobody cares if you blew a .081 or a .2, dui is a dui. You were in sap. They obviously will use this against you. Don’t make excuses for past mistakes, take credit for them and just don’t do it again. You need to be taking notes of all talks with management and you should have filed every single day you were in the office getting harassed for over allow.
Yes you are right I was just saying that because it didnt affect my job much time wise. The only thing they can really do against me for ASAP is if I drink. Besides that I’m pretty sure it’s not okay to use that against someone due to the confidentiality. But yes you are right I should have filed then and I didn’t. Now I am where I am now and can only deal with the now and reach out to my fellow union brother and sisters for advice and guidance

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Yes you are right I was just saying that because it didnt affect my job much time wise. The only thing they can really do against me for ASAP is if I drink. Besides that I’m pretty sure it’s not okay to use that against someone due to the confidentiality. But yes you are right I should have filed then and I didn’t. Now I am where I am now and can only deal with the now and reach out to my fellow union brother and sisters for advice and guidance

Are you drinking now ?

Are you drinking now ?
No absolutely not. Their SAP evaluator even said I didn’t have a drinking or drug problem but that she recommended that I do counseling everyother week due to some let’s say life events that I have seen and been threw in my life. And then cleared me to go back to work. This was over two years ago. Signed to continue asap for another year and now all it does is gives them the right to test me on any scheduled work day which isn’t and hasn’t been a problem.

With the eeoc you should also bury the union. Those grievances that went into the paper shredder, should never do so
Do you have any experience dealing with the EEOC? I called them in December and they gave me a phone appointment for April... I also researched and found out that people have a better chance of winning the lottery then the EEOC taking on a case

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Do you have any experience dealing with the EEOC? I called them in December and they gave me a phone appointment for April... I also researched and found out that people have a better chance of winning the lottery then the EEOC taking on a case
No comment but if you need to, I say do it.