Harassment/Fit for duty "On Topic"

I have been told "you're :censored2:ed" after filing grievances and then also received a text from the manager saying he wants to fire me. After local grievance hearing about this nothing was resolved. It was just a big run around. I was told that our BA is worried about the way the labor manager is acting and thinks he is going to try to send me to get tested to see if I am fit to be able to do my job. Does anyone have any experience about this?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I have been told "you're :censored2:ed" after filing grievances and then also received a text from the manager saying he wants to fire me. After local grievance hearing about this nothing was resolved. It was just a big run around. I was told that our BA is worried about the way the labor manager is acting and thinks he is going to try to send me to get tested to see if I am fit to be able to do my job. Does anyone have any experience about this?
guys with over 10 years in are being walked out the door...management is under extreme pressure to eliminate anyone full-rate..

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Call the UPS Security Hotline and report the harassing text messages.
Then call a Lawyer and prepare to sue UPS.

trickpony1

….send me to get tested....

If you're using recreational drugs it would benefit you to stop.

Save any images with threats, implied, veiled or actual, for future use.

To arbitrarily and capriciously subject an employee to "fitness exam", especially after said employee has exercised his rights as a union employee, doesn't look good for the company.

The company doctor will comply with what instructions he receives from the company regarding the outcome of your "fitness exam".

Be careful. Don't do anything stupid. They may be trying to get you to "go off" (instant termination).

El Correcto

god is dead
Yeah I think everyone has been in the boo box at least once in their career.
I was on their :censored2: list for my first 3 years until my first center manager left. It only makes you stronger and develops a better understanding between you and management. They might not like you, but they’ll learn to avoid you. I haven’t gotten a single warning letter or formal talking to for a year or so now, they know I don’t give a :censored2:.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
follow Orion 100%

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
You need at least 2 witnesses to say you are acting suspicious in order for them to hit you with a fit for work drug test. One sup cannot do this on his own. I have a friend in package who knows a driver in his center that got hit with one after he and the center manager got into it. He pissed hot for marijuana and was fired. He is going to panel over it and will more than likely get his job back for the sole reason of the 2 witness rule.

Art. 35, Sec. 3.8

Last edited:

ManInBrown

guys with over 10 years in are being walked out the door...management is under extreme pressure to eliminate anyone full-rate..
Interesting. I would advise anyone that files 9.5 and other grievances to stand your ground. Continue filing. If you stop they know you’re scared. For the OP. Block every single number of management that has your phone number. You’re texting my personal number to threaten me? Hell naw

ManInBrown

Yeah I think everyone has been in the boo box at least once in their career.
I was on their :censored2: list for my first 3 years until my first center manager left. It only makes you stronger and develops a better understanding between you and management. They might not like you, but they’ll learn to avoid you. I haven’t gotten a single warning letter or formal talking to for a year or so now, they know I don’t give a :censored2:.
Yup. The last thing you want to do is cower in fear and stop filing or stop being the type of driver you have always been. They will laugh and know they have you right where they want you. When it’s all said and done as long as you are not committing cardinal sins they can’t do sheet. Let em walk you off. You’ll get a few weeks off with pay and you’ll be back. Can’t even tell you how many times I was told I was being put on notice of suspension and it was never done. No letter in the mail. Union not notified. They are all talk and BS. As long as you go out every single day and do the job the exact way it is supposed to be done. No shortcuts, no BS. You do any stupid stuff and all bets are off. That’s what a lot of drivers don’t understand. You start filing grievances left and right you better do the job to a T the way it’s supposed to be done. When they’re all in the office in the morning before the PCM putting the list together of the drivers they’re going to spy on that day, mark my words the 9.5 filers are on the list every time.

If you stand your ground and continue filing trust me, they will move on to someone else. They do it to everyone that stands up for themselves at some point. Once they see you aren’t a scaredy cat they will actually respect you more and move onto the next target.

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

why wouldn’t you be fit to be able to do your job?

542thruNthru

File with the EEOC for a hostile work environment. The txt message and the grievances should be enough evidence to get the ball rolling.

Keep filing harrassment grievance also so that everything is documented and document any witnesses.

Make sure to call every hotline that UPS has and report everything.

Documentation is your friend. Also like @trickpony1 said.... STOP DOING DRUGS!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
File with the EEOC for a hostile work environment. The txt message and the grievances should be enough evidence to get the ball rolling.

Keep filing harrassment grievance also so that everything is documented and document any witnesses.

Make sure to call every hotline that UPS has and report everything.

Documentation is your friend. Also like @trickpony1 said.... STOP DOING DRUGS!
B244CFE6-9EF2-4E21-9628-B96EDC772C10.jpeg

barnyard

KTM rider
You need at least 2 witnesses to say you are acting suspicious in order for them to hit you with a fit for work drug test. One sup cannot do this on his own. I have a friend in package who knows a driver in his center that got hit with one after he and the center manager got into it. He pissed hot for marijuana and was fired. He is going to panel over it and will more than likely get his job back for the sole reason of the 2 witness rule.

Art. 35, Sec. 3.8

It is going to come up that a PT supe was suspicious also.

They are trying to say I am mentally unfit to do the job because I said that their intimidation and harassment was messing with my mental state of mind. Also I do not do any illegal drugs. I also have been on light duty for the past two weeks because I worked as instructed and scanned while walking which ended with me falling on concrete steps.

They are trying to say I am mentally unfit to do the job because I said that their intimidation and harassment was messing with my mental state of mind. Also I do not do any illegal drugs. I also have been on light duty for the past two weeks because I worked as instructed and scanned while walking which ended with me falling on concrete steps.
Also the ethics hotline did nothing!