Harassment grievance against another employee?

Blind ambition

I'm having an issue with another employee on my shift. I don't trust management and don't want to tell them because they won't help me. What article/section/remedy request should I write down for a grievance.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
Your best option would be to inform management. After you make them aware of a bad situation between two individuals, they are obligated to take measures to defuse the situation. If your management team can not work this out, call the 1-800 number.

The union does not like to get involved with disputes between members.

ArcherUTR

Be very careful with what you do. For one thing you can not file a grievance on another Union member.

That sounds odd, but I know very little of the contract.

So if another hourly is leaving you a :censored2: surprise on your vehicle every day, or if spits on you to greet you for every shift - you can't ask the Union for help? Management may not be interested, are you saying the police is our only other recourse?

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I'm having an issue with another employee on my shift. I don't trust management and don't want to tell them because they won't help me. What article/section/remedy request should I write down for a grievance.

This is an HR issue. Contact your HR department since you do not trust management.

Somebody in management will get involved regardless.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert

He's wrong. The OP has every right to file a grievance as it's a violation of article 37 of the national. Employees will treat each other and the employer with dignity and respect. Any steward would try to get this resolved without paperwork though, to ensure everyone keeps their job. The best method would be what I wrote above.

That being said, should he actually persue a grievance, his standing within the union would drop to POS status.

steward71

Be very careful with what you do. For one thing you can not file a grievance on another Union member.[/quot

Ok, you are wrong. You can file on another employee, but make sure it is the last thing you do if HR does not do anything. Some are right in saying the union does not like to get in the middle of this, but they will if they have to. At least in my local they have.
1. Make sure you are keeping good notes on what is said and who was there to see what is going on. Let a steward know what is going. They could talk with the person as well.
2. Ask the person to stop and you don't like it and if it continues tell them you will make the complaint make sure you have a witness. This person may not have many social graces and may not know they have offended you so let them know before any complaint is filed.
3. If it does not stop go the HR office make the complaint, don't give them copies of anything you have in notes at this point hold off on that.
4. Call the Help line and make a complaint.
5. Then after all of this and if still has not stop then file the union paper work. Make a copy for yourself and then turn it in.

I say this again let the person know what they are doing and you don't like it. They may not know. Good luck.

PT Car Washer

He's wrong. The OP has every right to file a grievance as it's a violation of article 37 of the national. Employees will treat each other and the employer with dignity and respect. Any steward would try to get this resolved without paperwork though, to ensure everyone keeps their job. The best method would be what I wrote above.

That being said, should he actually persue a grievance, his standing within the union would drop to POS status.
You would have to file on the company for not enforcing Art. 37. Then other party would file against the company and the company would just get rid of both and let the Union deal with it. Have seen this happen.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
Have seen this happen.
You wouldn't have seen this. Grievances should be confidential except between the parties involved.

And he can file directly on the other employee. The grievance would be sufficient to let the company know of the violation. The only time he would file on the company is if he let the company know beforehand, and they did not defuse the situation.

BrownTexas

So if another hourly is leaving you a :censored2: surprise on your vehicle every day, or if spits on you to greet you for every shift - you can't ask the Union for help? Management may not be interested, are you saying the police is our only other recourse?
Spitting on someone is assault. Feel free to call the police. Lol.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

A surprise on your winshield is tough to prove without a camera or a witness. But honestly, a guy spits on you...and you do/say what....nothing??

PT Car Washer

You wouldn't have seen this. Grievances should be confidential except between the parties involved.

And he can file directly on the other employee. The grievance would be sufficient to let the company know of the violation. The only time he would file on the company is if he let the company know beforehand, and they did not defuse the situation.
You are right. I did not see the grievance. Did see the two parties walked out. Both worked on the day sort. Resolved it by one going to the preload and the other to twilight.

fres431

Don't go to management go to the union the union doesn't like it when you take brown on brown to management needs to be settled within the union

Sent using BrownCafe App