Harassment or fair criticism?

UPSjacks84

On Tuesday, one of my on road sups followed me for an hour without me noticing. I pulled up to a stop and he was right outside my package car as soon as I stopped and he asked me where my helper was. I told him that as I was driving I had my helper in the back sorting because the truck was an absolute mess. (260 stops, 400 pieces). When I told him this he absolutely freaked out on me. He said it was unsafe and he could have been seriously injured. He didn’t cuss, but he screamed at me for a good minute and took my helper aside and talked to him in private. I know helpers don’t make a ton of money but are they just expected to go on a joy ride all day? We’re at work, so I put him to work. I don’t get why I was yelled at in that way. Is this harassment? Or am I off base? Thanks. Not sure if I should file.

GenericUsername

Good lord I hope you're kidding. Your helper could have been seriously injured had you had to slam on the breaks or got hit. God I hope this is a troll post because otherwise you're not the brightest person.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
On Tuesday, one of my on road sups followed me for an hour without me noticing. I pulled up to a stop and he was right outside my package car as soon as I stopped and he asked me where my helper was. I told him that as I was driving I had my helper in the back sorting because the truck was an absolute mess. (260 stops, 400 pieces). When I told him this he absolutely freaked out on me. He said it was unsafe and he could have been seriously injured. He didn’t cuss, but he screamed at me for a good minute and took my helper aside and talked to him in private. I know helpers don’t make a ton of money but are they just expected to go on a joy ride all day? We’re at work, so I put him to work. I don’t get why I was yelled at in that way. Is this harassment? Or am I off base? Thanks. Not sure if I should file.

I've been a full time cover driver for about 18 months now. I was fired last Thursday and here's why, okay, so I have a buddy who delivers for Amazon and he was in my area on Thursday. I was probably 20 stops behind my normal pace and so I gave him a call and asked if he could help me deliver a few streets, I prerecorded 12-14 stops, he puts the packages in his car and delivers them. It was a really tight neighbor and in a normal passenger car it couldn't have taken him more than 25-35 minutes. I get a message on the DIAD probably an hour after he makes the deliveries telling me I need to call my center ASAP. I called and they said that a customer called UPS and asked why an Amazon driver was delivering UPS packages. I explained that I was behind and I asked my buddy for help but they were having none of it. They came and picked me up, another driver took over my route, we went back to the building and they got a union steward and basically fired me and took my badge. My union steward was unsure if I would get my job back. Can they fire me for this? I feel like I'm being treated unfairly and I literally did nothing wrong. I need this job and I'm worried. What do you all think?
Troll

Future

Victory Ride
7097BBA6-48CE-4E6E-AA6F-0AFE6036AF99.gif

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
They were probably pissed because you weren’t back there sorting while he drives. You should toss him the fob so you can organize it, put like 30 stops on the back bumper and run them off like a garbage man out the back.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

My man now that’s how you utilize a helper!!

Be sure and tell him to jump out at about
5mph and hit the ground running

Notcool

Lol you were driving while your helper bounced around in the back and dont understand why the sup was so mad ahhhh hahaha

Gear

Parts on Order
Looks like another "Only UPS moment."

Only at UPS does a driver think he's being harassed when a supervisor corrects him for having a helper working in the back while the PC is rolling. Lol