Harassment

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
my wife works for UPS and has been there for 17 years. They recently got a new Center Manager who has single handily turned over the entire local sort except for 3 people. Anyone that has/had more than 7 years experience has been harassed into quitting and finding other jobs. My wife has documented conversations, witness statements, and countless notes in her book of when she was harassed and who she reported it to. Her union steward claims that the center manager is not harassing her, but we feel he is in fear of retaliation.

Our question is, where do we go from here? She's told the center manager, she's told her union steward, and she has contacted HR. Neither of which has moved on it.

Tonight she is receiving a warning letter for 5 absences or lates in a 6 month period. Meanwhile, another team member got his attendance printed off and has 17 absences or lates in 3 months and never has been spoken to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

She is from the Jackson, Michigan center 4920. Manager's name is Ray.

I know this sounds crazy
But, maybe she should try getting to work on time

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
my wife works for UPS and has been there for 17 years. They recently got a new Center Manager who has single handily turned over the entire local sort except for 3 people. Anyone that has/had more than 7 years experience has been harassed into quitting and finding other jobs. My wife has documented conversations, witness statements, and countless notes in her book of when she was harassed and who she reported it to. Her union steward claims that the center manager is not harassing her, but we feel he is in fear of retaliation.

Our question is, where do we go from here? She's told the center manager, she's told her union steward, and she has contacted HR. Neither of which has moved on it.

Tonight she is receiving a warning letter for 5 absences or lates in a 6 month period. Meanwhile, another team member got his attendance printed off and has 17 absences or lates in 3 months and never has been spoken to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

She is from the Jackson, Michigan center 4920. Manager's name is Ray.
You need to delete that last paragraph. You don't want anyone figuring out who she is.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
It is enough absences to call attention to yourself. Managers come and go. Get to work on time, do your job and ride it out. The next manager will be there shortly.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Is she feeling harassed because he's threatening her job because she can't get to work?

Sounds to me things got a little lax and the manager is taking care of business.

You just aren't getting the answers you want.

How's this?

Your wife is a perfect snowflake. The company has no right to enforce attendance policy, only to process and deliver packages.

Better?

If the attendance policy is 6 absences in 6 months why is she being written up for 5?

Why is the center manager tell drivers he "is going to make an example of her?"

Why is the supervisor telling her she can't drink water while working but the other team members get to eat full lunches while they work?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
wifebeater.jpg
I love UPS and anyone that supports them
Why is she late all the time? She better be making you a sammich, or giving you a quickie. Other than that, you better straightened her out!

Last edited:

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
If the attendance policy is 6 absences in 6 months why is she being written up for 5?

Why is the center manager tell drivers he "is going to make an example of her?"

Why is the supervisor telling her she can't drink water while working but the other team members get to eat full lunches while they work?
It isn't 6 absences in 6 months. Sounds like your wife is feeding you some lines.

Bologna he's telling them that. If a manager is going to make an example of someone he doesn't go screaming about it. You just do it.

Again, I'm calling BS. It sounds to me she just doesn't like the guy, and the fact that she has extra scrutiny for the first time in her time here is a major buzz kill. Especially because it means she now has to show up for work until the warning letter clears from her record.

I thought wives were supposed to be the my poor baby people, not the husbands.