Harassment

JUPS

Recently our center has been automated. The operation has been been less than stellar as their still figuring out the system and getting it fine tuned. The building manager and his two higher ups have been going around telling everyone that they need meet a 1400/hr quota or they’ll face disciplinary action. I’ve been threatened with being sent home and termination twice as has many other employees in the preload. Today my part time Soup came and told me, and a few other employees that our building manager “John”(not his real name), doesn’t like us because we work to slow for their liking and plan on having us fired. I’m not slow by any means. But I’m not going to go above and beyond for anyone who treats me with such disrespect. Me and a few other part timers plan on discussing it with our shop steward on Monday. But what can be done about this harassment? Anyone had similar experiences?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
It’s a scare tactic my young union friend, I’ve never seen a loader get fired for being too slow. Just don’t lean against belt and always look busy. If you need to hide then hide inside a truck so you are not seen...

Last edited:

JUPS

I plan on it. I’ve got witnesses also. Will it stop though? Will they retaliate? They’ve been harassing just about everyone in the preload. Except for the females of course.

Yolo

Part time sups don't have the authority to have anyone fired. He's probably just upset that you make more money then he does.

Box Ox

The building manager and his two higher ups have been going around telling everyone that they need meet a 1400/hr quota or they’ll face disciplinary action. I’ve been threatened with being sent home and termination twice as has many other employees in the preload. Today my part time Soup came and told me, and a few other employees that our building manager “John”(not his real name), doesn’t like us because we work to slow for their liking and plan on having us fired.

File immediately. If they start trying to go after you for petty :censored2: you’ll be glad there’s a paper trail documenting their harassment and threats.

If you never file, they’ll say they have no idea what you’re talking about when they discipline or terminate you for something stupid and you turn around and say they’ve been after you all along.

km3

Recently our center has been automated. The operation has been been less than stellar as their still figuring out the system and getting it fine tuned. The building manager and his two higher ups have been going around telling everyone that they need meet a 1400/hr quota or they’ll face disciplinary action. I’ve been threatened with being sent home and termination twice as has many other employees in the preload. Today my part time Soup came and told me, and a few other employees that our building manager “John”(not his real name), doesn’t like us because we work to slow for their liking and plan on having us fired. I’m not slow by any means. But I’m not going to go above and beyond for anyone who treats me with such disrespect. Me and a few other part timers plan on discussing it with our shop steward on Monday. But what can be done about this harassment? Anyone had similar experiences?

Grieve it as the others said. A user who already posted in this thread has also recommended that keeping a notebook documenting things that are said to you is a good idea as well.

I plan on it. I’ve got witnesses also. Will it stop though? Will they retaliate? They’ve been harassing just about everyone in the preload. Except for the females of course.

They're already threatening to fire you. I wouldn't worry about retaliation at this point. If/when they do retaliate, grieve that too.

Junkyard Willie

Convert the following information into a pie chart, print it out and present it to these triflin' clowns:

MY TIME SPENT PRELOADING
29% Putting boxes in trucks.
25% Dealing with malfunctioning scanner issues.
15% Taping up packages that busted open.
10% PCM's, DOK's and other supe/mgmt distractions.
10% Chasing/wrestling irregs.
5% Breaking jams.
5% Searching for tape gun someone swiped.
1% "BREEEAAAAAAKKK!"

john chesney

I’ve had similar experiences every day for 34 1/2 years