Hardship transfers?

texan

Are you sure? It is tough duty there.
hawuntitled.jpg

Hawaii.jpg

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
That's if your wife gets transferred at her job or you have to go take care of a dying parent in another location. Mostly management and fulltimers get hardship transfers...I do believe part time has to be college transfers. Could be wrong though...never heard or seen a hardship part time transfer before...

Last edited:

8000Shelf

Part timers are guaranteed transfers for educational purposes. That much I do know, because I did it in 2006 from Michigan to Colorado, for school myself.
As for full time hourly employees, yes we are technically guaranteed hardship transfers through law. No it is not common, but is possible.
I've heard different reasons as to why it is rare... pension funds, management/company relations, personal circumstances, etc.
I hope they will work with me. I'd hate to have to quit at this point in life. It would make for a financial hardship in itself. Some things are more important than $ however.
Anyone with experience out there?
My HR and management teams know me at both locations (desire to go back where I transferred p/t from) and I am confident they will work with me.
That being the case, what are reasons they could legally deny me, considering it is of medical orientation?
I'm willing to wait for a 6-1 outside hire also. That isn't an issue. There is probably 6-8 centers (most small...northern MI) or hubs I could transfer to close to where I have to be. I assume one would be near their outside soon.
Thanks everyone!

UPSGUY72

Part timers are guaranteed transfers for educational purposes. That much I do know, because I did it in 2006 from Michigan to Colorado, for school myself.
As for full time hourly employees, yes we are technically guaranteed hardship transfers through law. No it is not common, but is possible.
I've heard different reasons as to why it is rare... pension funds, management/company relations, personal circumstances, etc.
I hope they will work with me. I'd hate to have to quit at this point in life. It would make for a financial hardship in itself. Some things are more important than $ however.
Anyone with experience out there?
My HR and management teams know me at both locations (desire to go back where I transferred p/t from) and I am confident they will work with me.
That being the case, what are reasons they could legally deny me, considering it is of medical orientation?
I'm willing to wait for a 6-1 outside hire also. That isn't an issue. There is probably 6-8 centers (most small...northern MI) or hubs I could transfer to close to where I have to be. I assume one would be near their outside soon.
Thanks everyone!

Educational transfer aren't guaranteed...... I would bet there are hundred of case where they we rejected or the building where the person wanted to move wouldn't accept the person for what ever reason...

8000Shelf

Educational transfer aren't guaranteed...... I would bet there are hundred of case where they we rejected or the building where the person wanted to move wouldn't accept the person for what ever reason...

I'm sure you are right in the respect to there not being an opening at the desired location, but yes, it is a guaranteed opportunity as a Part Timer. It is most certainly not guaranteed as a Full Timer.

I am referring to a full time hardship transfer... Medical Necessity. It is written under State and Federal law.

Just hoping to hear stories of people who may have done such a transfer as a full timer and how their experiences were. Thanks...

A

anonymous6

yes, I did. 3 years of hell from both the co and union. had to get a private attorney to help and that cost beaucoup bucks. was it worth it? 6 of 1 and half a dozen of another.

wouldn't recommend it. co doesn't give a damn about a dying wife.