Harrassment Stories

nicky

We have a guy who is literally the most over allowed driver I know. They once looked at him and said you are the worst driver we have... His response..."Im OK with that, it also means I have nowhere to go but up!"

Stink and the others are right. Keep your cool. If you don't it will bite you in the bass. Try to follow the methods as much as possible. No one is perfect but when you are filing 9.5s and not follow the rules. The 9.5's go out the window. Most BA's will tell you if your back yard isn't clean they will not proceed with your 9.5s. Here are some things I used to help me threw the hard times.

First, act like they are always following you or on the car with you.

Second, always write stuff that happened threw out your day. This can help you when they OJS you because they will always trim your route to make your numbers look better. Like rides one Tuesday to Thursday because Mondays and Fridays are route cuttings. Also come in early to see if any sups are patting your load when you think the OJS is going to happen.

Third, when they OJS you try to find them doing things wrong. This is where knowing the methods is key. If you need to know them someone can send you a post or link if you ask. This can help you when they are on the car with you. If they tell you to do something and you no it's wrong because it's written different. You just tell them this is wrong and the method is this way. They start give you crap. Start to say you are only here to observe and not to say anything. If they don't like it and are still giving you crap. You can tell them I would like to exercise my wine guard rights. They will shut up then. Try to get a card or a # from your stew for that. Hope this helps. Good luck.

FilingBluesFL

Have you tried filing a harassment grievance for the extra 20 stops? One of our drivers did a while back and received a "Will comply" letter in the mail a few weeks later!! LOL! Man I'm starting to think the clowns that run this company truly have no souls.

I fail to see how giving me reason to file another 9.5 and make dem bucks is harassment. If anything, it's just money in da bank!

We all know this guy does it, we just stay out as late as he decides, and file on it. I'm starting to go slower with all this money weighing down mah pants!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I was very impressed today by a coworker who has filed twice, and has a hearing on Friday! He is so soft spoken when he was my loader, I had to tell him to speak up, Im old...................
I was loading my truck after all the union reps left................and this guy beside me was absolutely being hammered by the center manager. With the goldenrod in his hand. The hourly said, this is my only avenue to get my dispatch down. center manager said well when you dog it and run an hour late, what do you want me to do underdispatch you? And as the center manager walked away, slapping the goldenrod on the belt, he was saying avenue, yea, thats what I need to know, what avenue to take with you.........................I consider that harassment, I will be watching, and I told him, I have his back...................

nicky

What most employees fail to realize is that if you fire first with the harassment grievance you can then argue anything after that was retaliation. Its like a free ticket to piss off management. The number one thing you need to do is take NOTHING personal. Everything is business, if you understand that it makes it alot easier. I tell them all the time, I dont take the 13 hour day you gave me personal and I hope you wont take these 8 grievances personal.

Think of it this way, if the center manager stands up in a PCM and threatens the entire center 1/3 of the center will laugh, 1/3 will get worried, and 1/3 will give up a little more lunch and work a little harder. Management knows this, its what they count on. And look at it this way if you have 60 drivers in your center and you can get 20 of them to do 4 more stops and 20 of them to do 2 more stops you just cut a run. They have people way smarter than us sitting in a room analyzing every move, they know the reaction before it happens.

FilingBluesFL

I may be filing one on harassment soon.

I got called into the office today for doing an OCA after the commit time. Thing is, I went into it BEFORE the commit time, and as they took the time to find the package, when I completed it, it was AFTER the commit time. No message came up in the DIAD about it being late, and no having to push any buttons for it being "late." It took them about 4 minutes to figure out of the package was at customer service or in the back of the store. No biggie, happens all the time.

SO I'm told today that it was done after commit time. "Um, no, I started the stop BEFORE the commit time, selected it in the DIAD, and hit enter, and it was before the commit time. No late message, and I've done this before and NEVER had a problem, now all of a sudden it's a problem? Are you telling me that I'm not supposed to wait for them to find the package that they PAID me to come get? What kind of customer service is that???"

Long story short, they do not know at ALL when an OCA is time stamped for pickup, if it's when you go into it at the start, or when you stop complete it. Completely retarded and ignorant BS they are pulling. They said they'd "Get back to me." Maybe when they pull their heads out of their asses.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Pickups time stamp when they are done... Deliveries time stamp when scanned. Thats why it showed late

Sort of. Deliveries time stamp when the first package of the stop is scanned. You can scan package 1 at 10:29am, then scan package 113 at 11:47am and they'll all be marked 10:29am for service purposes (one of the routes I cover has literally 100-200 packages delivered and some of their air I don't find until after 11am but it is never marked late as long as the first package for the stop was scanned prior to the commit time.

P.S. Unless you hit prerecord. I accidentally hit prerecord once and everything that had a 10:30 commit was marked late because the timestamp is changed to the stop complete time when you re-open a prerecorded stop.

FilingBluesFL

Sort of. Deliveries time stamp when the first package of the stop is scanned. You can scan package 1 at 10:29am, then scan package 113 at 11:47am and they'll all be marked 10:29am for service purposes (one of the routes I cover has literally 100-200 packages delivered and some of their air I don't find until after 11am but it is never marked late as long as the first package for the stop was scanned prior to the commit time.

I brought this up, too. Completely boggled their little minds.

It's just now that after filing all these grievances for 9.5, only now is it a concern, and it NEVER was the last 10 years.

nicky

I brought this up, too. Completely boggled their little minds.

It's just now that after filing all these grievances for 9.5, only now is it a concern, and it NEVER was the last 10 years.

Thats the one thing about filing grievances, you put a bullseye on your back. Its why you need to get a harassment grievance in ASAP. And make sure you are doing what you are supposed to be doing. If you are filing 9.5 they will go through your records with a fine tooth comb to find anything they can to use against you. It will suck at first but you will be much better in the long run if you do it right!

undies

How many harassment grievances do I need to file before they leave me alone? I'm constantly being reminded how my center manager has it out for me by drivers and not so directly by other management. I'm not even on the 9.5 list...at least not until the new language comes in.

MethodsMan

How many harassment grievances do I need to file before they leave me alone? I'm constantly being reminded how my center manager has it out for me by drivers and not so directly by other management. I'm not even on the 9.5 list...at least not until the new language comes in.

How many hours over are you everyday?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
How many hours over are you everyday?
What the hell does that have to do with anything! I never even look at there magic numbers. It is a trick to make you skip lunch and breaks. Once a sup asked me in a pissed off voice, holding up the magic number paper' "do you even look at these numbers" I laughed out loud said "no " and walked away.

MethodsMan

What the hell does that have to do with anything! I never even look at there magic numbers. It is a trick to make you skip lunch and breaks. Once a sup asked me in a pissed off voice, holding up the magic number paper' "do you even look at these numbers" I laughed out loud said "no " and walked away.

I'm trying to help him out with why he's getting harassed.

nicky

As many as it takes, then start filing every time you see a supervisor working. File money grievances. Then walk in the office and steal a line from cool hand luke.... I can be a nice guy... Or I can be a real mean sombitch