Harrassment

brostalss

You ask ten different people what management harassment is and ill bet you you'll get ten different answers. That is what the problem is.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
i almost got into a fight with a driver supervisor on harassment about numbers. he said if my numbers didnt come up he was going to have to discipline me. i got 1 inch from his face and i asked him, what do you want to do son, you wanna go home or do you wanna go to court? i told him if he disciplined me he was going to have a multi million dollar lawsuit on his hands and the show steward was standing right there cracking up. it was pretty funny. the center manager was standing not too far away, he looked petrified because of me saying lawsuit and he knows i would have absolutely destroyed dis dude literally. anyway the driver sup never said another word to me about it after that. homeboy was scared to death. lol

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
i almost got into a fight with a driver supervisor on harassment about numbers. he said if my numbers didnt come up he was going to have to discipline me. i got 1 inch from his face and i asked him, what do you want to do son, you wanna go home or do you wanna go to court? i told him if he disciplined me he was going to have a multi million dollar lawsuit on his hands and the show steward was standing right there cracking up. it was pretty funny. the center manager was standing not too far away, he looked petrified because of me saying lawsuit and he knows i would have absolutely destroyed dis dude literally. anyway the driver sup never said another word to me about it after that. homeboy was scared to death. lol

People like you are why we can't enforce harassment. As far as I'm concerned that sup had every right to punch you.

I guess management and hourlies are held to different standards though.

The correct response would of been. I'm doing my best and walk away.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Stronger language probably means the contract will be more hastily written.

The arbitrators will still rule in UPS's favor.

This issue is even bigger than healthcare! Who wants to come to work everyday in fear for their job?Who wants to look over their shoulder all day?If If I have to Ill pay a few bucks for my healthcare, But I will vote..HELL NO!!!!! on the contract,if this Harassment issue is not addressed!!!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I told him in the beginning i was doing my best with the idiot dispatch and idiot load. He kept coming at me evry single day dude. I waz sick of it had to take a stand. I wasnt going to be like you and just be a lil girl about it and just continue to take it. Thats ridiculous if you take that kind of harassment everyday. Thats what true leaders do son they take a stand and fight for what they believe in,i guess its pretty obvious we have a shortage of true leaders

Brownslave688

This issue is even bigger than healthcare! Who wants to come to work everyday in fear for their job?Who wants to look over their shoulder all day?If If I have to Ill pay a few bucks for my healthcare, But I will vote..HELL NO!!!!! on the contract,if this Harassment issue is not addressed!!!

It will never be addressed. The only way to keep harassment from happening is with language so strong it would make supervisors useless.

When that happens your whole center will be ran by an IE geek 500 miles. I would rather have sups personally.

I told him in the beginning i was doing my best with the idiot dispatch and idiot load. He kept coming at me evry single day dude. I waz sick of it had to take a stand. I wasnt going to be like you and just be a lil girl about it and just continue to take it. Thats ridiculous if you take that kind of harassment everyday. Thats what true leaders do son they take a stand and fight for what they believe in,i guess its pretty obvious we have a shortage of true leaders
No we have a shortage of scarecrow managers! (without a brain) or maybe tinman..(without a heart)...All the Lions(without courage) run the show!Where is Oz when you need him?..Oh wait I forgot...he retired!!

Brownslave688

There are plenty of drivers like you out there and it's why ups sups manage the way they do.

They get u riled up the adrenaline starts pumping and your working faster without even knowing it.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
same speed all day bro not faster or slower. by the book and take lunch itll be what itll be. could care less about the numbers. if you go by the book they cant touch ya amigo youve been doing the job long enough big boy you know da drill lol. didnt have my breakfast that morning or my mountain dew waz lil riled up lol

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Lawsuit is silly ... they were scared of a raving lunatic.

People like you are why we can't enforce harassment. As far as I'm concerned that sup had every right to punch you.

I guess management and hourlies are held to different standards though.

The correct response would of been. I'm doing my best and walk away.

Exactly.

Inthegame

i almost got into a fight with a driver supervisor on harassment about numbers. he said if my numbers didnt come up he was going to have to discipline me. i got 1 inch from his face and i asked him, what do you want to do son, you wanna go home or do you wanna go to court? i told him if he disciplined me he was going to have a multi million dollar lawsuit on his hands and the show steward was standing right there cracking up. it was pretty funny. the center manager was standing not too far away, he looked petrified because of me saying lawsuit and habout it after e knows i would have absolutely destroyed dis dude literally. anyway the driver sup never said another word to me that. homeboy was scared to death. lol
Why the small change? I think you should go big and sue for a zillion instead. And then wake up...

Froggie

What is harassment?
Harassment is continuing to talk about something that I don’t give a dam about. It is like beauty – it is in the eye of the beholder. If you are spending your weekends distracted by thoughts of work you have been harassed. If your boss shows you numbers that are not explicitly mentioned in your union contract, you are being harassed. You don’t give a dam about his numbers. You get paid by the hour and it is immoral to cut your family out of money so he can get a bigger raise. Production should not increase without a corresponding increase in pay. When management signs contract and before the ink is dry they are demanding more from the worker they are acting immorally. They are stealing time and or money from a subordinate.
If you are asked to do more after the contract is signed, you are being harassed. If you have 20 yrs in feeders and no accidents you don’t need a young supervisor riding with you, if a supervisor is in your truck you are being harassed. If your supervisor ask, why you take so many bathroom breaks, you are being harassed. If your boss tells you that you cannot talk on your cell phone, you are being harassed. Followed by cameras up and down the highway you are being harassed.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
couldnt agree with you more froggie. some of these numbnutts on here pbly work at a decent center or their one of those loser teacher pets guys that kiss their center managers behind 24-7. like really dude im not doing that. its a job, im not there to make friends nor enemies just there for the greenbacks baby. lol. let some of these brainwashed idiots come to a total crappy ran center and they will find out the true meaning of pain and harassment everyday WORD!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
couldnt agree with you more froggie. some of these numbnutts on here pbly work at a decent center or their one of those loser teacher pets guys that kiss their center managers behind 24-7. like really dude im not doing that. its a job, im not there to make friends nor enemies just there for the greenbacks baby. lol. let some of these brainwashed idiots come to a total crappy ran center and they will find out the true meaning of pain and harassment everyday WORD!

Word. Lol.