Harrisburg Feeder

allentownups

Does anyone work in Harrisburg as a feeder driver? They have an ad looking for the seasonal feeder driver position. I was just curious if anyone get's hired and if so how long's the average time to get hired?

Another question I had was do the seasonal feeder drivers average 40 hrs and can you collect unemployment while being laid off? How long does the jobs last?

over9five

Staff member
Does Harrisburg have Feeder drivers bumped into Package?

It will be interesting to see if they get away with this if they do.

tieguy

Banned
Does Harrisburg have Feeder drivers bumped into Package?

It will be interesting to see if they get away with this if they do.

probably not. Harrisburg has had a lot of big shippers move in to the harrisburg / chambersburg / lancaster areas. They have some of the biggest shippers we have with QVC and Amazon being two of them.

sano

probably not. Harrisburg has had a lot of big shippers move in to the harrisburg / chambersburg / lancaster areas. They have some of the biggest shippers we have with QVC and Amazon being two of them.
I think the Harrisburg/Lancaster area was hiring feeders off the street within the last year or so.

ram 2009

Does anyone work in Harrisburg as a feeder driver? They have an ad looking for the seasonal feeder driver position. I was just curious if anyone get's hired and if so how long's the average time to get hired?

Another question I had was do the seasonal feeder drivers average 40 hrs and can you collect unemployment while being laid off? How long does the jobs last?

Probaly not. They leave jobs posted on the site well after peak, but trust me they will not off the street b-4 they bring in drivers from off the Q-list. Meaning package car drivers

allentownups

York hired 2 seasonal drivers after a few months working last year. I guess they just got lucky. I can't imagine why the Bethlehem, PA terminals never hires the seasonal feeder drivers.

ram 2009

Probaly not. They leave jobs posted on the site well after peak, but trust me they will not hire casuals b-4 they put on package car drivers from their Q-list, and then they will look to see if there are any people from inside, and if not they might put on 1 casual from off the street. So get on with whatever u do. It will be a very long time if u ever make your 30 days.

allentownups

Probaly not. They leave jobs posted on the site well after peak, but trust me they will not hire casuals b-4 they put on package car drivers from their Q-list, and then they will look to see if there are any people from inside, and if not they might put on 1 casual from off the street. So get on with whatever u do. It will be a very long time if u ever make your 30 days.

So how did the 2 guys I know out of York get hired? Went from seasonal to full time the first year. I think it depends on what part of the country you are in. For example PA is a strong hold for logistics/shipping/receiving. Things are better in this area than most of the country regarding logistics.