Has a supervisor ever straight up lied about you in order to get you in trouble? Share your stories here.

Cowboy Mac

I once had a supervisor instruct me over the phone to return to the center early and sheet the rest of my load as missed. The next day I was in the office with a different sup and manager. They had a statement from that supervisor saying he never told me to do such a thing. Got a write up for not communicating before having missed.

I learned to only communicate through diad and never answer their phone calls after that.

Trucker Clock

You should have called the cops. That dangerous!

True story. It was awhile back though.

New center manager came in and thought he could straighten the rogue center out through intimidation, harassment and threats.

The BA walked into his office, pulled out his .45, set it on the center manager desk, sat down and asked him if there was a problem.

It was the easiest year we ever had until the center manager was transferred.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

New center manager came in and thought he could straighten the rogue center out through intimidation, harassment and threats.

The BA walked into his office, pulled out his .45, set it on the center manager desk, sat down and asked him if there was a problem.

Was your Business agent missing a little pinkie?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I once had a supervisor instruct me over the phone to return to the center early and sheet the rest of my load as missed. The next day I was in the office with a different sup and manager. They had a statement from that supervisor saying he never told me to do such a thing. Got a write up for not communicating before having missed.

I learned to only communicate through diad and never answer their phone calls after that.
almost had this happen to me, I still take things over the phone but will message afterwords what I've been instructed to do and will be doing, and the message was enough for the manager to drop it. There are sups that have already lost the privilege by clearly trying to hide missed pieces over the phone.

Last edited:

Tortuga

I AM THE MiLKMAN
I was in the pocket a few weeks ago and didn’t really feel like doing a route just wanted to go home that day. Center manager tells me to run some air then I could go home. So I did just that. On my way back home he tells me a route got brought back and he needs me to come back & do it. I tell him “no I’m already going home” so he tells me “if you don’t come back you’re fired for failing to work as directed and if you do come back it’ll jay be a warning letter”. I filed for harassment the next day and I’m still working lol.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I was in the pocket a few weeks ago and didn’t really feel like doing a route just wanted to go home that day. Center manager tells me to run some air then I could go home. So I did just that. On my way back home he tells me a route got brought back and he needs me to come back & do it. I tell him “no I’m already going home” so he tells me “if you don’t come back you’re fired for failing to work as directed and if you do come back it’ll jay be a warning letter”. I filed for harassment the next day and I’m still working lol.
Just tell them you already started drinking. Better still, don’t answer the phone.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Everyday I worked there.
It is how the company is structured.
No it can't be fixed.
You either learn to survive it or you leave.
I have found that most sups are really afraid of the people who act crazy; loud singers, ones who scream a lot, and others actions.
They learn quickly to focus on the ones they can scare easily.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Wish I had a story to share. Most managers are spineless miserable poor excuses for human beings
but none ever flat ass lied about me to get me in trouble.

Wouldn't surprise though if it happened.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Had a center manager figure out in the diad 5, that if you hit override on the address, a late nda wouldn't show up late. Then the idiot decided to tell everybody to run air on trace and hide the late air. All was fine until he decided to try and force me to do it. I refused and told corporate about his scheme and threatened to contact some class action lawyers. He basically licked boots until his miserable retirement.
Sad thing is, an hourly would have been fired for thinking this scheme up. That's why I will never respect or trust ups management.

TopsyKrets

$41.51

I CALL BS

imjanedoe

banned slut
I had one try to walk me out for refusing to work as directed just made it up bc I got under his skin. Second one said I physically attacked them 🥴 HR and managers in the meeting telling me it’s not looking good and I come out smelling like a rose 🌹 that part time Sup is no longer there, stupid enough to lie in a building full of cameras (idk about the parking lot)

Last edited: