Has anyone heard of a "y" indicator being turned off, after being dq'd or dq'ing themself

Jim497

We got a hr rep asking select people to turn their "y" indicator off if they their not gonna drive anytime soon.. pretty much says if I select yes to have it off it pretty much dq's for a year like i was driveing but I've been in hub for at least 2 years since.. no one I've talked to has heard of this even stewards.. just wanting to k otw if anyone else has heard of this crap their trying to pull

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I wanna make a joke about the y-chromosome, and dq'ing meaning you're not a man. So your y-indicator is turned off, just can't find a way to make it funny while not being overly mean, or exclusive of women drivers.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
wat
(Can’t figure out how to post the wat lady)
tenor (3).gif

This one?

F

Frankie's Friend

We got a hr rep asking select people to turn their "y" indicator off if they their not gonna drive anytime soon.. pretty much says if I select yes to have it off it pretty much dq's for a year like i was driveing but I've been in hub for at least 2 years since.. no one I've talked to has heard of this even stewards.. just wanting to k otw if anyone else has heard of this crap their trying to pull
In the computer under your UPSers account? Or is there another selection in your time card?

CoolStoryBro

HR? Cool story, bro.

There's no HR at UPS.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I wanna make a joke about the y-chromosome, and dq'ing meaning you're not a man. So your y-indicator is turned off, just can't find a way to make it funny while not being overly mean, or exclusive of women drivers.
He must have knocked up some chick? No "Y" indicator on the blood work so congratulations stud, xx xx, "it's a girl"!

CanOSup

One of them
The DOT indicator is all I can think of, and HR changes those on TCDs who go from inside shifts to driving and visa versa. Sounds like you and your HR person are both deeply confused

Retiree

The DOT indicator is all I can think of, and HR changes those on TCDs who go from inside shifts to driving and visa versa. Sounds like you and your HR person are both deeply confused
You are correct sir, they are talking about the DOT indicator. If HR turns off the indicator, HR will have to create a new DQF file if and when the employee goes driving again. That means a new app would have to be completed. Turning off y indicator keeps the non driving person from showing up on reports.

CoolStoryBro

There's actually quite a bit of HR at ups.

You must be from one of them fancy hubs. Those of us in large centers that are over 100 miles from a hub have never seen a HR person before. Bonus is that we never see a district or division manger ever either. I don't even know what a district or division is. Don't need to. Those guys are magical creatures that probably don't even exist.

COOL STORY BRO