Has anyone heard of this??

Leftinbuilding

I highly doubt this happened. And their "proof", the video, has been removed. That looks like a pretty hefty crate. That, plus his weight? Looks like over 150 to me. Plus it would never fit into any "can" I've ever seen. Hoax.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Syracuse is a fairly good sized hub but not too big to where something like this would have gone not only unnoticed but unquestioned. This didn't happen.

I'm very skeptical as well, although I wouldn't go so far to say it didn't or couldn't happen. I highly doubt it would on the brown trucks, but there is such a thing as UPS Freight, they do have Air freight. The weight and size could go with them.
I just wanted to know if anyone had heard the "Story".

Camping Nana

I'm very skeptical as well, although I wouldn't go so far to say it didn't or couldn't happen. I highly doubt it would on the brown trucks, but there is such a thing as UPS Freight, they do have Air freight. The weight and size could go with them.

"...... They say they successfully shipped Whitcomb overnight UPS from Syracuse to Las Vegas in November in a crate they built
......"

Wouldn't have been UPS Freight...... Overnight ?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

"...... They say they successfully shipped Whitcomb overnight UPS from Syracuse to Las Vegas in November in a crate they built
......"

Wouldn't have been UPS Freight...... Overnight ?

Sounds like the same thing to me.

satellitedriver

The headline says it all.
Local magician: I sent myself to Las Vegas in a box.

Local, being the key word.
Most magicians make their living getting out of a box.
I wish the video was still available and I could break the magicians code and explain how this did not happen.

I think somebody Is pulling our legs.......
I have no doubt, but it's like a proxy leg pulling. The person that told me about it said up front that it was a story she heard and wanted to know if I had heard the story. I didn't buy it from the get-go but was trying to be nice. If I understand it right, the "magician" is her nephew and now he even says it was a hoax and didn't happen. For course, UPS threatened pressing charges too.