Has anyone interviewed or got a job offer from upser's Internal Job postings?

btrlov

Just curious my FT sup for some reason, refuses to do my FT assessment, cause he wants develop me more, even though i have the Education, numbers and QPR rating to at least get a shot at it.Its very upsetting that i cant even get to start mapp. HR says in the meantime,until he completes, i should apply using upsers internal postings for jobs that dont require mapp. I checked it out but im not sure how realistic it is?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
in an ideal world what your FT supe is doing would not only be fine, but expected

in reality, he's just holding you back while less qualified people get promoted ahead of you

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
that means he doesnt think you can handle the job, hes the first one to give you a ok in a long process

Mapp

Choo Choo
in an ideal world what your FT supe is doing would not only be fine, but expected

in reality, he's just holding you back while less qualified people get promoted ahead of you

This, I'd assume he doesn't want to lose you from his operation. I've been passed over for internal jobs because my Manager wouldn't let me leave, acutally said I had to find my replacement and train him/her.

btrlov

that means he doesnt think you can handle the job, hes the first one to give you a ok in a long process

LOL, he told to put my letter in a few months ago, guess i have to somehow improve my performance more. The problem is not him its the sort manager's "perception" of my intensity. the sort manager has to approve the assement....... I'm in an area with very difficult and hostile fulltime employees(not to me, but to the company itself), and two shop stewards. been this way years before i came in. I do what all the other FT candidates do, guess i have to push it out more.

Last edited:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You really want to know why you're not getting the help from your sup? I've seen this not only here but in previous places of employment, you're doing your job to well. Think about this, if you're doing such a good job that you're maki g your sup look like a superstar, why would he want to change that? What would he get out of helping you get promoted so he can have greenhorn to replace you? Look around, why do we promote idiots who can't do the job? I think you can see where this is headed.