Has Anyone Tried Self Publishing Books On Demand On Amazon?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
this sounds interesting. anyone can self publish with amazon and they will only print the book when sold on amazon. you set the price and amazon gets a 2.50 dollar commission and handles everything else.

the service can also handle a kindle version if desired.

most people have a specialty in something and most people have a book in them.

wondering if anyone here has tried it?

oldngray

nowhere special
You can already self publish books at other sites but it is usually more about people stroking their own egos to be able to claim they have a "published" book.

this sounds interesting. anyone can self publish with amazon and they will only print the book when sold on amazon. you set the price and amazon gets a 2.50 dollar commission and handles everything else.

the service can also handle a kindle version if desired.

most people have a specialty in something and most people have a book in them.

wondering if anyone here has tried it?
They charge more than that. I talked to an Author about that.

Yes it gets them on the best selling list. Also gets them on the,no making money list.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
You can already self publish books at other sites but it is usually more about people stroking their own egos to be able to claim they have a "published" book.
I have bought about 5 books recently from amazon that are print on demand books from createspace that is an amazon company. I wanted to email the authors to get their feedback but their email was not in the book.

some of these titles had many reviews so they are selling books.