HATE new route, any options?

brump

Hi all, I am not new to brown cafe but i forgot my login info and had to set up a new account.

Ive just started my new route after being on my previous for about 15 years. I did all the research i could and was sure i was making a good move, well, the grass is NOT greener. the office mngr in my ctr said something about having 30 days to change back if my route has not been bid. i believe it was filled by a new (>1yr) driver. do i have any options? what does it say in the contract about this? am I really stuck for 2 yrs?? please... any help is greatly appreciated.

upschuck

What is wrong with the new route? What is different than what you had planned on? Will it get better with increased knowledge of area?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It's new that's what's wrong. I got a sweet rural route handed to me with about 5 year in because the guy that won the bid ran it two days and said no thanks.

Give it time I bet in another 4-5 months the route u bid isn't so bad.

brump

its way harder than it thought it was going to be. more NDAs, lots of heavy pkgs, 4X the amount of pickup stops. much larger area than i had before. very "businessy" feel to it. my other route was much more casual and laid back. tons of driving 45/50 miles + compared to 13-15 before. i dont see how Id be able to set up a routine on this route, it seems like you have to create a new plan everyday or even several times a day.

Man In Brown, i dont know the answer because this is the first time i changed routes

brump

It's new that's what's wrong. I got a sweet rural route handed to me with about 5 year in because the guy that won the bid ran it two days and said no thanks.

Give it time I bet in another 4-5 months the route u bid isn't so bad.
You are probably right, but I just want to know what my options are if any. thx

Brownslave688

Every route is what u make it. Maybe the last driver skipped break and ran around all over.

Take your break from 12-1 everyday and let them know if u need help. File 9.5. That's about I can tell u.

I'm a cover driver I understand what you're feeling. There are weeks I run 5 different routes.

Some routes I cover I don't know what the regular guy does all day. Some I don't know how they get it done. When I run it its my route though I do things my way and don't worry about anyone else.

Cementups

Box Monkey
its way harder than it thought it was going to be. more NDAs, lots of heavy pkgs, 4X the amount of pickup stops. much larger area than i had before. very "businessy" feel to it. my other route was much more casual and laid back. tons of driving 45/50 miles + compared to 13-15 before. i dont see how Id be able to set up a routine on this route, it seems like you have to create a new plan everyday or even several times a day.

Man In Brown, i dont know the answer because this is the first time i changed routes

Did you bid my route while I was on vacation last week?!?!?!?

I actually find it hilarious that "45/50 miles" is "tons of driving". My old route was 100-130 miles a day. My current route is 80-90 miles a day.

Brownslave688

Did you bid my route while I was on vacation last week?!?!?!?

I actually find it hilarious that "45/50 miles" is "tons of driving". My old route was 100-130 miles a day. My current route is 80-90 miles a day.
Yep I have broken 300 miles on 3 seperate routes the last three weeks. Dispatch is a tiny problem at our center. Lol

JL 0513

50 mile route is a low mileage route. How is it possible to have a route that is 13-15 miles? I have 15 miles in by 9:30am. Some routes run over 150 miles.

Kinrossy

Did you really say you went from a 50 mile route to a 15 mile route?? Heck I know exactly whats wrong with it. Our training routes are 60+ miles. I drove 270 miles today. Needless to say, I love it when the old guys call in.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
A guy retired and our number 2 seniority guy bid on his route, ran it a week then went back to his old one. Change is for democrates! Lol

Sent using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

Tons of driving 45-50 miles, now that's some funny shiznitt right there. Im rolling 120 to 170 everyday and a lot of other guys on here are too and more. All I got to say is somebody obviously didn't do their homework or prep work on this new route. Just saying, that's how the game of switching routes works. You do your FBI work on the route before you jump ship dude.

bham brown

45/50 miles is nothing. Heck, it's almost 40 miles just to get to my route.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Me too dude, I feel ya. Id rather have a route where I have more resie stops and miles versus less miles and braking my back with bulk for delivery and pickups. I DONT LOVE THAT BULK lol.