Have a nice day!...Screw you!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
You ever have one of those days where you just wake up pissy? Today was one of them and I'm sure I'll get a concern called in on me but that's the breaks. I'll try to make this short...

Tuesday I got this one stop out in the country, 12pkgs from PB. As I'm unloading, this woman who is a cross between Honey Booboo and Uncle Stu from Duck Dynasty, comes out on the upper porch. I greet her and as a courtesy, tell her there's a bunch but I will bring them up to her. No reply, oh well it happens alot.

As I'm busting my nuts to lug three large boxes at a time up to her level, her pig vomit son comes out without his shirt on covered in some unknown food particles asking me, "whatchu got?" They both look like lions on a feeding frenzy but neither of them offer to help or walk their fat rimneck buckethead bodies down to me. That's fine too I never expect help and don't ask.

So by my third trip up the stairs, I was thoroughly aggravated having honey booboo and baby orca pig vomit just staring at me with all their food and fat hanging everywhere but I digress. Finish putting all 12 boxes on 2nd level and as always, leave with my parting statement, "have a good day folks." YUUUUUP was the response I got, not even a you too or thank you. What a classless, mannerless country hick.

Today was the day I woke up pissy...same stop with 8pkgs from PB. I unload and place all the pkgs by the downstairs door this time. As I turn and walk away, Honeybooboo comes outside belching and wearing the same disgusting outfit from Tuesday. I bet the food particles were the same from Tuesdays as well. I turn and as usual, give my customary departure statement, "Have a good day Ma'am!" as I wave.

Just as I get the seatbelt on, I hear her yelling, "Hey delivery guy, hey UPs..." Out I step and ask if everything is allright. She says, "Aint you gonna do your job an bring dem boxes up here?" Priceless I tell you, it was absolutely priceless...

Me: "Well ma'am I delivered them here at the front door since I wasn't sure if they normally go upstairs or not."
Her: "Well bring em up here then"
Me: "No problem ma'am but I can't get up the stairs with all those bags of trash on the stairwell but if you want to move them, I would be happy to bring your stuff up."
Her:"Screw you...."

....and Honeybooboo disappeared into the house. But yet I still waved and said, "Have a good day ma'am!"

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I don't blame you. Lugging boxes up flights of steps is part of our job; moving bags of garbage out of the way to clear a safe path is not. I run in to this situation from time to time with compulsive hoarders and I have to politely but firmly refuse to climb over or through their clutter.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
People have gotten on my nerves big time this week. It's amazing how a guy is gone on vacation and two days in you start hearing. Are you our new driver? He's on vacation again?

No I'm not your new driver. I've been here two freaking days. Don't you think your driver for the last 10 years who you are on a first name basis with might mention if he was leaving you?

Oh and the first two days were spent having the one delivery point discussion with most customers.

Last edited:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
You went into the house and delivered everything to the second floor? No way I would do something like that. I will set them inside the front door if they are polite. Its never a good idea to go into the house. I will carry a box into the house only in the case that I know they are too elderly or crippled somehow.

scooby0048

I should strap a go pro to my head and start a reality series.

When I was a cop, I had a dashcam and a body cam. The stuff I've got recorded would make you pee yourself and then pee again! I bet if we all had cams we could have a decade of reality TV and never see the same thing twice.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You ever have one of those days where you just wake up pissy? Today was one of them and I'm sure I'll get a concern called in on me but that's the breaks. I'll try to make this short...

Tuesday I got this one stop out in the country, 12pkgs from PB. As I'm unloading, this woman who is a cross between Honey Booboo and Uncle Stu from Duck Dynasty, comes out on the upper porch. I greet her and as a courtesy, tell her there's a bunch but I will bring them up to her. No reply, oh well it happens alot.

As I'm busting my nuts to lug three large boxes at a time up to her level, her pig vomit son comes out without his shirt on covered in some unknown food particles asking me, "whatchu got?" They both look like lions on a feeding frenzy but neither of them offer to help or walk their fat rimneck buckethead bodies down to me. That's fine too I never expect help and don't ask.

So by my third trip up the stairs, I was thoroughly aggravated having honey booboo and baby orca pig vomit just staring at me with all their food and fat hanging everywhere but I digress. Finish putting all 12 boxes on 2nd level and as always, leave with my parting statement, "have a good day folks." YUUUUUP was the response I got, not even a you too or thank you. What a classless, mannerless country hick.

Today was the day I woke up pissy...same stop with 8pkgs from PB. I unload and place all the pkgs by the downstairs door this time. As I turn and walk away, Honeybooboo comes outside belching and wearing the same disgusting outfit from Tuesday. I bet the food particles were the same from Tuesdays as well. I turn and as usual, give my customary departure statement, "Have a good day Ma'am!" as I wave.

Just as I get the seatbelt on, I hear her yelling, "Hey delivery guy, hey UPs..." Out I step and ask if everything is allright. She says, "Aint you gonna do your job an bring dem boxes up here?" Priceless I tell you, it was absolutely priceless...

Me: "Well ma'am I delivered them here at the front door since I wasn't sure if they normally go upstairs or not."
Her: "Well bring em up here then"
Me: "No problem ma'am but I can't get up the stairs with all those bags of trash on the stairwell but if you want to move them, I would be happy to bring your stuff up."
Her:"Screw you...."

....and Honeybooboo disappeared into the house. But yet I still waved and said, "Have a good day ma'am!"
Should of replied "sorry but I'm unable to establish firm footing on your steps".

I'll bet a blank stare is all you would of gotten in return.

scooby0048

You went into the house and delivered everything to the second floor? No way I would do something like that. I will set them inside the front door if they are polite. Its never a good idea to go into the house. I will carry a box into the house only in the case that I know they are too elderly or crippled somehow.

It has two entrances both accessible from outside. Scratch, you must have missed my post about me getting complaints for NOT bringing in the heavy meat coolers for someone's grandma! I agree, no entering for me!

scooby0048

Should of replied "sorry but I'm unable to establish firm footing on your steps".
I'll bet a blank stare is all you would of gotten in return.

That would have been perfect if I was thinking quicker on my feet! Dang, where were you this afternoon when I was biting my tongue.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
It has two entrances both accessible from outside. Scratch, you must have missed my post about me getting complaints for NOT bringing in the heavy meat coolers for someone's grandma! I agree, no entering for me!
I didn't catch that part, I was thinking that since it was in the country it was a private home......never mind! Door to door service is all we are supposed to do.

scooby0048

I didn't catch that part, I was thinking that since it was in the country it was a private home......never mind! Door to door service is all we are supposed to do.

No harm, no foul, it was a previous thread that I wouldn't enter homes.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
People have gotten on my nerves big time this week. It's amazing how a guy is gone on vacation and two days in you start hearing. Are you our new driver? He's on vacation again?

No I'm not your new driver. I've been here two freaking day. Don't you think your driver for the last 10 years who you are on a first name basis with might mention if he was leaving you?

Oh and the first two days were spent having the one delivery point discussion with most customers.
When I go on vacation I specifically ask my customers to cut my replacement some slack as far as delivery times/locations/knowing whether or not their dog is friendly etc.