Have a question concerning driving and moving violations.

Jordangee

So I took my drive test today and passed, however I have a concern. In 2017 I got a speeding ticket and they didn't "convict" me for it until november 2020. I only have one demerit point on my license and it's from that event, other than that my record is squeaky clean. I have had no moving violations whatsoever the last three years, just the one they took forever to convict me for. Is this gonna stop me from going to school until november, or have the rules changed

Jordangee

I filled out the application and fully disclosed this, let my sup know, got my DOT and took drive test today. She handed me a pile of papers to fill out afterward. I am just kind of anxious waiting to see what happens, hoping they base it off the date of the offense and not the conviction. 😑

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I filled out the application and fully disclosed this, let my sup know, got my DOT and took drive test today. She handed me a pile of papers to fill out afterward. I am just kind of anxious waiting to see what happens, hoping they base it off the date of the offense and not the conviction. 😑
Why’d it take 3 years to convict

Jordangee

She (my sup) said HR said it should be fine, but that it wasn't definite so was just wondering if anyone heard of how any similar situations turned out so I can shut my anxiety up.

Jordangee

There was an insurance charge on it too which dropped once I brought it proof. So that may be why it took so long also? I'm honestly not really sure.

542thruNthru

She (my sup) said HR said it should be fine, but that it wasn't definite so was just wondering if anyone heard of how any similar situations turned out so I can shut my anxiety up.
I wouldn't be worrying about that and I'd focus on your DOK's So that you're prepared.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
You disclosed it and they said it was fine.
Leave it alone and see what happens.
Worry and anxiety will not change anything for the better.
Splashing in the water brings sharks.

If they say you have to wait then get a hold of the applicable steward and/or your local union Business Agent.
Then let them sort it out.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
you should be okay. UPS is hiring anyone with a pulse. my old hub just hired 100 feeder drivers off the street. all kinds of scumbags I was told. this company is going into the toilet.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
you should be okay. UPS is hiring anyone with a pulse. my old hub just hired 100 feeder drivers off the street. all kinds of scumbags I was told. this company is going into the toilet.
F5BD78FD-4345-4BC0-8960-7804CB5702D9.gif

9FCCFBFE-3F28-43DD-8C88-42263939DF8E.jpeg

allahuakbar

She/Her
It’s been a whole month. Didn’t see this post. You were good once they paid for you to do your dot card. The license run is the first thing they do.