Have at it

bacha29

Purplepackage

Sooner or later in some high crime areas it will be order online pickup at the store only. This is only going to get worse until loaded trucks sit in the terminal with nobody willing to risk getting his head blown off trying to deliver that junk.

Given the events the question is what will XG do to the driver and the contractor who employed him?

There actually is areas of the city that we won’t deliver too, and I’m sure it’s like that in a lot of major cities.

This has nothing to do with the area anymore, apparently all delivery trucks are just targets for senseless violence

bacha29

X is caught in quite a pickle here. Do you cancel the contractor's contract simply because one of his box donkey's tried to defend himself against lethal force? Do you fire a guy who took a bullet in the gut for your company? I expect them to terminate the contract run away and hide and leave the contractor hanging out there to deal with the aftermath.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

X is caught in quite a pickle here. Do you cancel the contractor's contract simply because one of his box donkey's tried to defend himself against lethal force? Do you fire a guy who took a bullet in the gut for your company? I expect them to terminate the contract run away and hide and leave the contractor hanging out there to deal with the aftermath.

What if the contractor had no idea one of his drivers was packing? Seems unfair to punish him/her for something that may have been out of their control.

The driver is gone.

Serf

What if the contractor had no idea one of his drivers was packing? Seems unfair to punish him/her for something that may have been out of their control.

The driver is gone.
I though Philly, Harrisburg, & Pittsburg were the only parts of PA where carry permits were not allowed. As in you can carry anywhere else in the State except there.

bacha29

The driver is gone.
The contract terms requires full compliance with X company policies , protocols and disciplines. If they meant no armed drivers, it means no armed drivers. When, where and how the driver obtained the gun makes no difference. It's the contractors task to see to it that they comply because officially they are the employee of the contractor. I expect the driver will sue the contractor for not providing enough security to create a safe workplace environment and I expect the assailants family to at least try to find grounds to sue. Contractors were created to be an entity upon which Roadway? FXG can dump as much risk, liability and variable costs onto and this event serves as a clear example of it.

Indecisi0n

source.gif

bacha29

Glad the driver was armed, defended himself, and removed one more piece of crap from society.
Since the objective in your opinion is to remove "crap' from society then you should consider bringing a gun to work with you . This way you can at least go out in blaze of clucker glory when the removal process gets around to removing you from society.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Since the objective in your opinion is to remove "crap' from society then you should consider bringing a gun to work with you . This way you can at least go out in blaze of clucker glory when the removal process gets around to removing you from society.

It is one thing to disagree with what he has to say or what he believes. Calling him a piece of crap when he clearly is not is uncalled for and diminishes your credibility on this forum.

bacha29

It is one thing to disagree with what he has to say or what he believes. Calling him a piece of crap when he clearly is not is uncalled for and diminishes your credibility on this forum.
May I remind you that Dano is the one who called the deceased "a piece of crap". I not defending the actions of the deceased but he was still a fellow human being . A person none of us would recognize if we passed him on the street. His future is over. The future of the driver is what the focus of attention should be on. And remember he got shot too. Now that that make him a "piece of crap" as well?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Who said the objective was to remove crap from society? Who says I don't have a weapon at any random moment at work?