Have we open the door for production harassment?

What'dyabringmetoday???

1. We have all been through what you are going through.

2. What you are going through will never change. Screwing drivers out of their lunch and breaks is the basis of UPS's core business model.

3. Bullies seek out weak targets and avoid strong ones. If they turn up the heat, you need to turn it up even hotter. Learn to adopt the attitude that you can make them more miserable then they can make you. Become involved with your local union, and learn the facts about what you can and can not be fired for and how UPS typically handles disciplinary cases involving production issues. You will learn that, if you follow their methods and do the job safely and honestly, any threats they direct at you are hollow.

4. Dont buy in to what they say about "allowances" or "demonstrated performance"...these are imaginary concepts that they have fabricated in an attempt to intimidate the weak-willed into donating their lunches and breaks to the company. Remember that its all about your lunch. They want an hour of your labor for free and they have developed a very elaborate system for trying to bully you into giving it to them. Its a scam. Dont get ripped off, dont get bullied and dont allow yourself to be intimidated.
But, but, some people need to get home to see their family. Yeah, that's it.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
It's reasoning like this that our union is weak. When members don't exercise their rights, they get walked on, and our representation gets lazy. Stand up for yourself!

Rights? :felloforit1:

​I guess after all I've been through I'm a tad jaded.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
I call bullship on this! Your making this up as you go. How do you justify the grievance machinery helps the company more? It's a ridiculous statement. 5% of my income comes from the grievance process.

The contract doesn't just obligate the company it also obligates the members as well. UPS regularly uses the contract, the grievance machinery, and ARBITRATION, as shield against lawsuits and other legal actions. Just look at what FedEx has had to deal with and what UPS has in employment suits. Heck it took a class action and over 12 years of court battles just to get UPS to stop coercing its employees to work through lunch in California. Where was the union and those precious "rights."

I not down on the union. In fact I'm a strong supporter. Yet, I live in the real world and being a litigious pain in the arse doesn't end well for most non-steward types.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Your suggestion is never file? Thats NEVER going to happen. In my building there is one thing and one thing only that management understands, and that is paperwork! When all else fails make it rain! But if you believe they are coming after you and you get the grievance first when it goes to panel you can argue that they are only retaliating because you filed the grievance and everything after can be thrown out!

Been there done that. It doesn't work. I could get into detail but I not interested in it. Take my word, that's as dead an end as retaliation for filing workman's comp claims. Bottom line is its a lot easier to make a charge than to prove one.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Man you must have no clue as to whats going on in other centers. I am not sure if you live in the bubble of goodness with upstate but around here things are bad. Management is so overwhelmed they don't know which way is up. So when you need something, like for example; pay fix because they didn't pay you correctly it never gets done. It has taken a driver in my center 8 months to get what was owned to him, 8 months!! After the first few months I told him to start filing and he did and finally weeks later he got it fix. Not to mention he was paid more in grievances than what was owned to him. That's how UPS operates now. The squeaky wheel....

BMW if I had respect for my management team and we all worked together than I would agree with you but I no longer do. They are out to save themselves (I don't blame them) and would pull the rug out from me in a heartbeat if it helped them. I treat everyone I come into contact with at UPS the same respect they give to me and I will never change.

Yea its great where I am. We start every morning singing Kumbaya in a foot kick-out toga line reach around. Then management ask if anyone's load is to heavy or package to hard to lift and to put them on the belt and someone will take care of it for ya. Sweet huh?

Here's my advise for your 8 months no pay issue. 1, Knock on your center managers door and discuss the discrepancy in detail with them. Explain to him/her that you would like to be made whole by this pay period. Should you not be you knock on there door Monday morning and explain that rates of pay are what the union negotiates but enforcement is a federal and state legal issue. Again, request to be made whole by the next pay period.

Watch how they run.

​Next problem you think you need a grievance for?

nicky

Been there done that. It doesn't work. I could get into detail but I not interested in it. Take my word, that's as dead an end as retaliation for filing workman's comp claims. Bottom line is its a lot easier to make a charge than to prove one.

You say it doesnt work, I know from experience it does. I also have a friend who went out on a workmans comp claim, was told he was lying and fired. Went through the grievance process not only got his job back after 6 months was made whole in every way. Once he came back he went to a second doctor and the doctor found two slipped disks in his back. So he was immediately put out on disability. So in the end he got a big check for all time missed and then went out on disability for another extended period...

bluehdmc

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Yea its great where I am. We start every morning singing Kumbaya in a foot kick-out toga line reach around. Then management ask if anyone's load is to heavy or package to hard to lift and to put them on the belt and someone will take care of it for ya. Sweet huh?

Here's my advise for your 8 months no pay issue. 1, Knock on your center managers door and discuss the discrepancy in detail with them. Explain to him/her that you would like to be made whole by this pay period. Should you not be you knock on there door Monday morning and explain that rates of pay are what the union negotiates but enforcement is a federal and state legal issue. Again, request to be made whole by the next pay period.

Watch how they run.

​Next problem you think you need a grievance for?
and here I was thinking you couldn't make me laugh any harder!!!
yeah threats of Federal and State enforcement will scare the BEEJEEZUS out of em!! The center manager may not even come out of his office the rest of the day!
I work in the Real World and such actions as you suggest would get one laughed out of my center manager's office.
It's rare i actually Laugh Out Loud but your posts are so funny I cant help myself

nicky

yeah threats of Federal and State enforcement will scare the BEEJEEZUS out of em!! The center manager may not even come out of his office the rest of the day!
I work in the Real World and such actions as you suggest would get one laughed out of my center manager's office.
It's rare i actually Laugh Out Loud but your posts are so funny I cant help myself

Yeah a grievance and 3 hours over allowed is MUCH scarier! It also gets the point across much better

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.

Try it and you'll laugh all the way to the bank far faster than 8 months. Most states take non-payment of wages very seruiously. If your center manager doesn't then a phone call from the state will change his/her tune. Try it then laugh about how much easier than filing a grievance that was.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Yeah a grievance and 3 hours over allowed is MUCH scarier! It also gets the point across much better

Well, let me say first that your an employee not an owner. If you want to add and compound your problems than you go right ahead and tweak there noses. Then they'll show you who's really in charge. Don't say I didn't warn you.

nicky

Well, let me say first that your an employee not an owner. If you want to add and compound your problems than you go right ahead and tweak there noses. Then they'll show you who's really in charge. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Heres the problem with your line of thinking... I practice my methods DAILY, I was essentially mentored by a 25+ year driver when I started and I know how to play this game better than most. When you run three hours over allowed the first thing they want to do is threaten to get on teh car... Im completely ok with that, in fact I welcome it. I wont be perfect because nobody can do all 340 methods all the time. But mine will be very good. And when they get on the car my over allowed will go UP! So with out fear of ride alongs, harassment, or termination because I have told them I will take any termination and stay out until they are willing to make me whole in every way the end result has always been them getting the point that if they make me mad I will make it MUCH WORSE! Someone said when they turn up the heat you have to turn it up higher... Its more like they break out a lighter I bust out a flame thrower. And yet Im still employed and take FAR less abuse than most drivers!

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Heres the problem with your line of thinking... I practice my methods DAILY, I was essentially mentored by a 25+ year driver when I started and I know how to play this game better than most. When you run three hours over allowed the first thing they want to do is threaten to get on teh car... Im completely ok with that, in fact I welcome it. I wont be perfect because nobody can do all 340 methods all the time. But mine will be very good. And when they get on the car my over allowed will go UP! So with out fear of ride alongs, harassment, or termination because I have told them I will take any termination and stay out until they are willing to make me whole in every way the end result has always been them getting the point that if they make me mad I will make it MUCH WORSE! Someone said when they turn up the heat you have to turn it up higher... Its more like they break out a lighter I bust out a flame thrower. And yet Im still employed and take FAR less abuse than most drivers!

You make a lot of bold predictions. Good luck with that.

​ (Me thinks you protest to much)

nicky

You make a lot of bold predictions. Good luck with that.

​ (Me thinks you protest to much)

You can think what you like but today I brought in the volume of a senior driver while the senior driver was going to be out LATE. We also had two guys with 8 hour requests one in my loop one in an adjacent loop who didnt make those and I wasnt forced to help them. I have had multiple warning letters retracted, and never gotten more than a warning letter. So you can sit back and talk and tell me how it wont work. I can show you proof that it does, its all about playing the game and I am very very good at games.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

More and more Bollocks and Rubbish!

I'll wager that going to an outside agency as you have repeatedly suggested would put a FAR larger target on one than the driver who follows the prescribed,accepted methods of resolution.
Dont say that 728 didn't warn YOU

regardless,if one follows the methods and works safely one has nothing to fear. Cut and Dried

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
^^^^ QFT!