Have you been adding up the day's ???

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
I was eligible to retire this year. 32 total, 25 and a half full-time in. What am I still doing here?! Do I need professional help?
My advice is to go back last year and see how much you spent. What I did before I retired was go back into my computer checking register and I figured everything I spent except for gifts given or investment money. This included everything every month such as every monthly bill, food, gas, ATM withdraws, all insurance bills, property taxes and ect Then I added the month‘s totals up to get a total for the year and then divide by 12 and that will tell you what you need per month. Don’t guess what you spent but really go over everything. I did this a couple of times before I retired and the numbers came up really close for 2 different time periods so I felt comfortable. Also Remember as time goes on inflation will make what seems like enough today not seem like enough in 10 to 20 years. Best advice I can give anyone wanting to retire in the future is get out of debt! Pay off house, credit cards and auto loans then live below you means. As far as professional help? I Never used any but I would not advise anyone else to or not to use one. I saw some friends and family members loose their money with financial advisors so for years while they watched TV and sports I threw out the TV and studied finances and investing. It paid off very well! I just retired from UPS at 57 and should never have to work again.