Hawaii tsunami

Hawaii50

Here comes another tsunami. Will be 2 foot waves or much bigger like the ones in Japan. If the large like ones in Japan? Who ever sorts packages for Hawaii. Don't worry about it, becuase the planes will be delayed be because the airport and main HUB is right next to the ocean.

moreluck

golden ticket member
My daughter & grandson packed up the dogs and they have gone to higher ground......schools are all closed. It doesn't sound like homes along Farrington Hwy will be at all safe. Our home there is close to the ocean (within a mile) but upward of the ocean.....hope it's high enough.

over9five

Staff member
I hate to admit it, but after seeing the damage in Japan my first thought was:

Obama will borrow money from Japan and then give it to Japan as aid.

moreluck

golden ticket member
For me & mine it was a non-event. I had the traffic cam. on Farrington Hwy. on my puter and no water.....except rain sprinkles. Thank goodness.

rod

Retired 22 years
hello, it's an island, you're always a prisoner !!

These friends I speak of were there a couple of years ago during a tsunami warning and according to them they were herded up to the top floors of their hotel and weren't allowed to leave for like a half a day. Couldn't even go to the bar. Damn near ruined their whole vacation. That would be like being in prison to me. :-)

moreluck

golden ticket member
If I was tsunami-threatened in Hawaii, I'd want to be holed up in Leonard's Malasadas place or any Zippy's on Oahu.

DS

Fenderbender
I'm glad they got off unscathed.
Japan did not get off so easy,
this little video blows me away

[video=youtube;4coi8rgULZ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4coi8rgULZ4[/video]

wkmac

I think Lifer is there now also.

My wife and kids stopped by a local sub shop last evening and while eating the TV was showing the horror the folks in Japan were living. My wife noticed a man crying and she finally went over to check on him. She learned that the man's young daughter had flown into Japan Friday morning but the plane was diverted to another airport somewhere else and that his daughter was all alone in the airport, knows no one and no where to go. As a father of 3 daughters I can empathize (as my wife did) with what this man might be going through. Everyone in the sub shop including the owners came over and sat with the man assuring him all would be fine and thankfully he got a call that arrangements were made, his daughter was safe and as soon as could be arranged she is going return home.

So many stories this morning are not going to have such happy endings and we don't know the full impact even yet. Life goes on for us but right now even with all our troubles here, compared to those folks we got it made. For us, we want life to get back to some measure of normal, whatever normal is, they just hope for a return to life!

moreluck

golden ticket member
The pictures from Japan just make my jaw drop. I'm on a different coast, but I keep thinking, "That's my ocean."

I get notification by e-mail from the USGS and the aftershocks from Honshu are bigger than some major EQs in the world. They keep coming in at 6.7, 6.5, 6.4, etc. The shaking just doesn't stop. Each time makes things more and more unstable.

After seeing all the damage done by water, I keep thinking about the cleanup..OMG !!

Wkmac, the little star under your post said I had to spread around rep before I could give it to you....screw the little star.

Very good post, as the father of two daughters I can also identify with the man. I probably would have been sobbing if one of my girls was going to Japan and everything was fine there.

I'm very thankful everyday for the life I have and hope for that to continue, but life can (and does for some) change in the blink of an eye.