Hazmat School

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Does your center/hub currently have a certified hazmat responder? If so, I would think that this person would/should have the study material that you would need. If not, ask your mgt team or safety committee to secure a copy from their district hazmat coordinator.

Soccer97

Does your center/hub currently have a certified hazmat responder? If so, I would think that this person would/should have the study material that you would need. If not, ask your mgt team or safety committee to secure a copy from their district hazmat coordinator.
Thank You! Only certified person on our Local Sort is Sup & she is on vacay for 2 wks. Now they wanna send me.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Who is Hazmat Certified? Is there any study material to study from before going to week long class to get certified?
I am...not really much to study beforehand. Though if there is anything you want to know, I can probably help. I also have all of the designated responder books right here.

Actually, you might want to go in there with a blank slate tabla rasa...

Last edited:

DriverNerd

I was a responder for years before becoming a driver. You're only going to remember about 20% of what you learn in class. The rest is all going to come from the person who helps train you on the job. Don't worry about studying before hand.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I was a responder for years before becoming a driver. You're only going to remember about 20% of what you learn in class. The rest is all going to come from the person who helps train you on the job. Don't worry about studying before hand.
Generally agree but I didn't get any real training on the job. You learn by taking the class, doing the job and also if you work alongside an experienced responder, you can see what they do and how they handle DMP. The "flow charts" basically tell you exactly what steps to take, anyway.

Indecisi0n

tumblr_nr33zxGIKa1sqek1po1_500.gif

capt42

No need to study. 25 percent class knowledge, 75 percent on job training. If you have a half decent trainer you will be fine.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Who is Hazmat Certified? Is there any study material to study from before going to week long class to get certified?
The company bathroom needs a Hazmat team every Monday morning! What are they ingesting over the weekend?

CentralSup

You dont need to study before hazmat acceptance auditor/responder school. The week long class will teach you everything you need to know to pass the test.

Johnny123456789

Hazmat responder or Hazmat auditor? The latter requires no previous knowledge. But be prepared for 8 hours a day for 5 days of painfully boring regulations.

I'm the hazmat auditor at my hub. It's a cool job and definitely less physical than everything else. But it's the most important! You CANNOT make mistakes. This ain't the load where you can throw 10 missorts and no one gives a :censored2:.