health care cost on W-2s

over10.5

I noticed on my W-2 that ups is paying $18994.92 for my families insurance for last year. Anyone else notice this?

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I noticed on my W-2 that ups is paying $18994.92 for my families insurance for last year. Anyone else notice this?

My Part-Timer insurance is valued at $4145.22 on my W-2. But I'm single with no dependents.

The value of an employers' insurance plan showing up on a W-2 is part of ObamaCare.

over10.5

I always assumed that ups was paying much less for our insurance. I was shocked to see the actual price. If you add up a full time drivers pay, insurance, and pension contributions for the year it's around $135k-$140k. Insane!

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I always assumed that ups was paying much less for our insurance. I was shocked to see the actual price. If you add up a full time drivers pay, insurance, and pension contributions for the year it's around $135k-$140k. Insane!

$140k is a bit on the high-end of that estimate. A logistics magazine discussing the 2013 contract negotiations listed the average at $100k, including wages, health & welfare, and pension. And UPS drivers earn every penny.

over10.5

It's not a high figure. I made just shy of $100k + $19,000 give or take pension contributions + $18994.00 healthcare = that's about $138k.

trickpony1

I want all you sheeple that voted for obama to remember when he said, to the effect, "....if you make less than $250,000 your taxes won't increase a penny.".

Happy now?

and guess what?..........it's gonna get worse.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I want all you sheeple that voted for obama to remember when he said, to the effect, "....if you make less than $250,000 your taxes won't increase a penny.".

Happy now?

and guess what?..........it's gonna get worse.

Your taxes haven't increased.

But good thing you voted for Mitt. I'm certain he supports hard working, unionized employees more...

trickpony1

So, trick, ever consider it might get better for many?

Please get the big picture, bbsam.
Are you one of those people that proudly announce to others that, "well.....you just don't like him because he's black."?
I have to go to work pretty soon so I can support the freeloaders, welfare recipients and those that just don't feel like rolling out of bed, otherwise I would post a big, long response to your question.

It astounds me that people like you apparently don't know that the "many" that you refer to already have "free" (at my expense) healthcare.
Some people in the healthcare industry that I know are afraid the older people with co-morbidities will be sent home to die, of course, this doesn't immediately affect you so you probably don't care.

trickpony1

Your taxes haven't increased.

But good thing you voted for Mitt. I'm certain he supports hard working, unionized employees more...

....talk to me in 2016 if, assuming, we still have freedom of speech. I'd be interested in what your opinion is. Unions are great and, yes, I am a union member but I'm not willing to whore out my country for a paycheck.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
....talk to me in 2016 if, assuming, we still have freedom of speech. I'd be interested in what your opinion is. Unions are great and, yes, I am a union member but I'm not willing to whore out my country for a paycheck.

Weird. Mitt Romney and the Right have no problem whoring out American jobs in exchange for bigger paydays.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Please get the big picture, bbsam.
Are you one of those people that proudly announce to others that, "well.....you just don't like him because he's black."?
I have to go to work pretty soon so I can support the freeloaders, welfare recipients and those that just don't feel like rolling out of bed, otherwise I would post a big, long response to your question.

It astounds me that people like you apparently don't know that the "many" that you refer to already have "free" (at my expense) healthcare.
Some people in the healthcare industry that I know are afraid the older people with co-morbidities will be sent home to die, of course, this doesn't immediately affect you so you probably don't care.

I have a friend that pregnant and she's like my employer is so cool they are going to cut my pay so I can get on medicade. Then make that pay up to me after I have the baby. She couldn't comprehend that she commuting fraud and that medicade isn't this magical thing that pays for everything. I said I'm paying for your pregnancy along with lots of other people.

bbsam

Staff member
No, trick, I don't care why you don't like Obama. It is telling that you would go there. It isn't Obamacare that you don't like, it's Obama. The rate of healthcare expenditure in this country has been skyrocketing for years. You've just now started paying attention and want to blame the president.