health care reform

kumet

.I want to raise the question re. the fact that our retiree, grandfathered insurance plan does not give us certain rights under the health reform act,patient protection and affordable care act .specifically the $500,000 cap on health expenses and dependent care coverage .what is it about our "plan" that we don't get the same privileges mandated to protect everyone else

Catatonic

Nine Lives
.I want to raise the question re. the fact that our retiree, grandfathered insurance plan does not give us certain rights under the health reform act,patient protection and affordable care act .
specifically the $500,000 cap on health expenses and dependent care coverage .what is it about our "plan" that we don't get the same privileges mandated to protect everyone else

Hey Man,
Unless you meant to be vague, we need more specifics to answer your questions.

As for the one that you specified ... that is what the ACA had in the law that was passed.

Go ask Obama, Nancy and Harry since they are the ones that put the ACA together ... no input from any Republicans and not much from Democrats other than those 3.
Remember those famous words from Nancy, "We have to pass this to see what's in it."

obama

for some reason the retiree health care plan for management does not benefit from any of the Obamacare changes that have been enacted...for example, children are now covered until age 26 under Obamacare, but not so with retiree health care...retiree health care still follows the pre-Obamacare method of determining eligibility. 19 through 24 only if they are in school. That was a surprise !

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
for some reason the retiree health care plan for management does not benefit from any of the Obamacare changes that have been enacted...for example, children are now covered until age 26 under Obamacare, but not so with retiree health care...retiree health care still follows the pre-Obamacare method of determining eligibility. 19 through 24 only if they are in school. That was a surprise !

If you still need to insure your kids it's not the time to retire.

obama

I do not still need to ensure my kids..they are all working full time and are successful. I simply needed to know when to tell them to get their own coverage. Another surprise is dental covered at 50% vs 80%....just letting others know so they are not surprised.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I do not still need to ensure my kids..they are all working full time and are successful. I simply needed to know when to tell them to get their own coverage. Another surprise is dental covered at 50% vs 80%....just letting others know so they are not surprised.[/QUOT

Apparently not that successful.

Life is full of jerks. Sometime times it not worth wasting your time . UPS does a poor job of explaining the changes to your plan when you retire. As far as that jerk he will find out in time so you may have the last laugh. Because retirement plans do not have employees(they are are retired) they are not covered under the provison on the new plans. Not just health care for children but also pre existing condition and lifetime max payout. Maybe he will not think it is a joke when someone in his family gets sick and they tell him he no longer has insurance, So with that said THERE IS NOTHING AT THIS TIME YOU OR ALL OF US CAN DO BUT HOPE THAT A SOME POINT THEY WILL INCLUDE ALL. Good luck. And as far the other poster I am sure he is a loser living at home with mom and dad..Mom is dinner ready yet.......

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Life is full of jerks. Sometime times it not worth wasting your time . UPS does a poor job of explaining the changes to your plan when you retire. As far as that jerk he will find out in time so you may have the last laugh. Because retirement plans do not have employees(they are are retired) they are not covered under the provison on the new plans. Not just health care for children but also pre existing condition and lifetime max payout. Maybe he will not think it is a joke when someone in his family gets sick and they tell him he no longer has insurance, So with that said THERE IS NOTHING AT THIS TIME YOU OR ALL OF US CAN DO BUT HOPE THAT A SOME POINT THEY WILL INCLUDE ALL. Good luck. And as far the other poster I am sure he is a loser living at home with mom and dad..Mom is dinner ready yet.......

Nice inarticulate rant. Anyway, if your kids are working fulltime and still on your insurance they are not that successful in my opinion. I'm not just blowing smoke, I have 25 year old college grad on my insurance.

So brownnonster your kids must not be successful if they need your insurance?? If you had any clue you would know how hard it is to get insurance even with a good job. Bottom line think before you post this person just ask a legit question and you have to chime in like a maroon. Good luck in the futute and hope your children don,t end up like you/

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
So brownnonster your kids must not be successful if they need your insurance?? If you had any clue you would know how hard it is to get insurance even with a good job. Bottom line think before you post this person just ask a legit question and you have to chime in like a maroon. Good luck in the futute and hope your children don,t end up like you/

No they are not. I will consider them successful when they can wholly support themselves. I consider myself a success, moronic statements aside.

obama

scalretired; UpstateNYUPSer : thanks for the support !

brownmonster: perhaps you didn't understand my point, why should they be paying for their own insurance when they could remain under mine until age 26 ?? Of course now that I learned that they will no longer be covered under mine, they have each applied to their employers and will start their own medical coverage effective May 1.

obama

Does anyone know if deductibles carry over from employee health to retiree health? I already met my $250 deductible for 2013 and then retired. Do I need to spend another $250 before coverage kicks in? My HR department says NO, the Benefits Center says YES. Looking for others who have gone through this already.

thanks !