Health insurance dependents after going FT?

Boxjockey82

I just started receiving my benefits in january. In the event I go full time before they bring the reg temps back will I be able to add my wife and son to my insurance? Or will I still have to wait until June when it will be 18 mos?

Boxjockey82

Finally got my answer, it's funny how everybody there either knows nothing or assumes you'll know how everything works. Now that I'm full time I'm kicked off BCBS of Illinois and automatically switched over too the Unions provider which is Cigna. That sucks because Cigna's coverage is no where near as good; everything with BC was 90/10 and Cigna is 80/20. The other interesting bit of info I found out is Ups goes by a different hire date than the union. The union rep told me I've been in there system and eligible for coverage since Nov 2012 but they couldn't contact because ups doesn't give out our address. And UPS goes by your rehire date of course, which means I could've had insurance at least 3 mos prior to when I actually got it and could've save at least $2g by adding my wife and son back then.

tejano408

You Think It Sucks Now If The New Contract Passes It Going To Get Worst So Vote No On New Contract In Next Couple Weeks Or month