Health Insurance for new FT Driver

barnyard

KTM rider
The best place to ask would be to call the Health and Welfare number on the back of your union ID card. You will get one in the mail after you finish probation/gain seniority.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Not sure when it kicks in but good luck with it, it sucks compared to part time. My wife is pregnant and I'm broke as a mother :censored2:er.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
When does it kick in for me and for my family? I started on 4-06-15 and am getting ready to make seniority...

If you are going into Teamcare, like the majority of us are in, you will have insurance for you and your family after 8 weeks once you gain seniority.

This is contingent upon you working at least 1 day per week for 8 weeks. You are covered once Teamcare receives payments from UPS, on your behalf, for 8 consecutive weeks.

Once you are covered, you must work, or have compensated time, for at least 1 day every week from then on or you won't have insurance for the week.

For example, if you are laid off for the entire week, you will not have insurance for that week unless you pay for it.

Just ask any driver whether or not it is Teamcare.

4iamsecond

Well Teamcare has to be a better option than what Obozo Care just did to our health insurance premiums that my wife's job provides. Jumped from $450 a month to $900 a month !#$%^&.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My youngest son turns 26 in a few weeks and I got a letter from Teamcare about it. For $363.82 a week, he can get COBRA continuation coverage....its time for him to find a new job!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
His acting career is over?

Different son. This one graduated from Georgia Tech with an Aerospace Engineering a year ago. He hasn't been able to get a job yet in his field because he has no work experience. He has finally decided that maybe a few years in the Air Force might not be a bad idea.