Health insurance retroactive?

Robretro

I am part time waiting on my year for insurance. The new contract says 9 months for insurance for part time. Since they are pushing it off until at least October, I guess it won’t start any earlier that for us newbies? Or will it start at 9 months even if it hasn’t passed? :nurse:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I am part time waiting on my year for insurance. The new contract says 9 months for insurance for part time. Since they are pushing it off until at least October, I guess it won’t start any earlier that for us newbies? Or will it start at 9 months even if it hasn’t passed? :nurse:
Until the new contract is passed, the previous contract is in effect.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I got health insurance in 10 months because of a cool little "90 days after having accumulated 1200 hours" tidbit in our local health care plan.
For comparison this is an average of 28 hours per week

WTFm8

Keep in mind that it takes 8 weeks of contributions to teamcare for you to receive coverage.
12 month is really 14
9 month is 11

Talked to some of the drivers that have been with the company from 2-5 years. They said they had their papers the 11th month and had benefits immediately at 1 year.

saintrick

Talked to some of the drivers that have been with the company from 2-5 years. They said they had their papers the 11th month and had benefits immediately at 1 year.

I have had a couple of the new guys ask why they had not received any healthcare info after being there a year.

I was aware Teamcare had the 8 week provision so I took that as being the reason.

Page | 34
When Are You Eligible For Benefits?
You are eligible for the benefits as described in this booklet after the Initial Contribution Period. Generally, your eligibility for benefits is established as follows:

When eight weeks of contributions on your behalf have been received by the Plan within a
52-week period

We have a couple others who are about a year right now going to ask them and see what they have got.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Here you make 8 weeks of payments on week 44, ergo week 52 you get your benefits.

Rob Blair

On the new contract, if it ever is all ratified, how long will a driver have to be employed to get health insurance? Same 9 months as part timers? I'm told that all your time in the building counts, preload or whatever.