Healthcare After FedEx

vantexan

This may be of use to some. Coworker told me if you work just one day in the month you quit, you are covered by FedEx healthcare until end of month. I figured must be so as I picked up meds from Walgreens Saturday and they charged me same low price as before. Having a problem with a tooth, so called Cigna this morning to find dentists in their network. They told me my entire coverage ended my last day, Jan.3rd. Found on Google that it depends on company. Never depend on jailhouse lawyers or coworkers for healthcare advice. ;) And Cobra coverage is astronomical. I don't know how they offer at those prices without being ashamed.

It will be fine

This may be of use to some. Coworker told me if you work just one day in the month you quit, you are covered by FedEx healthcare until end of month. I figured must be so as I picked up meds from Walgreens Saturday and they charged me same low price as before. Having a problem with a tooth, so called Cigna this morning to find dentists in their network. They told me my entire coverage ended my last day, Jan.3rd. Found on Google that it depends on company. Never depend on jailhouse lawyers or coworkers for healthcare advice. ;) And Cobra coverage is astronomical. I don't know how they offer at those prices without being ashamed.
Welcome to the individual market. It's a nightmare. The cobra price is what your fedex coverage would cost you on the open market, remember that when people complain about express' terrible benefits.

bacha29

Welcome to the individual market. It's a nightmare. The cobra price is what your fedex coverage would cost you on the open market, remember that when people complain about express' terrible benefits.
Couldn't have said it better. When you go into the open market to try to find health insurance at an affordable price and be able to understand the medical terminology that describes the coverage's all I can say is there by the grace of God go you because there's almost nothing there at an affordable price without huge deductibles and co-pays. And with or without the ACA (Obamacare) the premiums will continue to outpace the rate of inflation by a wide margin . And now without the ACA insurers can once again deny coverage to people with preexisting medical conditions.In that regard Mexico may be a viable alternative for VT but if he is going to self pay while he's down there then it will be a question of how long will his money will hold out.

vantexan

Couldn't have said it better. When you go into the open market to try to find health insurance at an affordable price and be able to understand the medical terminology that describes the coverage's all I can say is there by the grace of God go you because there's almost nothing there at an affordable price without huge deductibles and co-pays. And with or without the ACA (Obamacare) the premiums will continue to outpace the rate of inflation by a wide margin . And now without the ACA insurers can once again deny coverage to people with preexisting medical conditions.In that regard Mexico may be a viable alternative for VT but if he is going to self pay while he's down there then it will be a question of how long will his money will hold out.
There are a number of towns on the border known for excellent, low cost dental work. I'll hold out until I get my money in a week, thank you Anbesol.

Serf

Tell us when the check arrives or money hits your account. Make some margaritas and square away all your financials!:peaceful: