Healthcare benefits

Purple2Brown

As an off the street to permanent full time driver I was wondering now that I've made 'seniority' how long until I start getting the health care benefits? I feel like this is important to know and no one at my center had an answer for me.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

As an off the street to permanent full time driver I was wondering now that I've made 'seniority' how long until I start getting the health care benefits? I feel like this is important to know and no one at my center had an answer for me.
No one here will know .... All guesses.

Rack em

Made the Podium
One year from your start date, 18 months from your start date for the rest of your family.

optikz

In the southern region, it's 8 weeks from your seniority date. I was an off the street hire and had benefits for me and my family exactly 8 weeks after i got seniority

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

If HR, union steward, management doesn't know. I would call the insurance provider and tell them what ur location is. If that doesn't work have a union steward either look it up in a union contract booklet or give you one

Over 70

How does no one there know? It's such a basic thing it sounds hard to believe your center manager wouldn't know..

It's a year here and 18 months for family.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would think that you union local would know.

How does no one there know? It's such a basic thing it sounds hard to believe your center manager wouldn't know..

It's a year here and 18 months for family.

This may vary depending upon your location.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
When you called HR, what did they say? Coming here for answers is akin to asking the monkey cage at the zoo!

98WPp8.gif

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
aca mandates FTers to have coverage.

Not entirely true.

Employers have to offer coverage to "substantially all" full time employees (95%), not necessarily 100% of their employees.

Here, it is 1 year for PTers, 8 weeks for FTers.

But, it could vary over there.