Healthcare (Teamcare) how much does it cost?

DeadOnArrival

Belt Wide
Been with the company over a year,
Just started getting healthcare benefits two months ago, happy with the coverage and co pays.. Got new contact lenses already after eye exam. Every month my family practitioner co pay is only $10..

The TeamCare website is designed well and easy to navigate..

How much is this great healthcare costing me?
I asked TeamCare directly on the phone last month and they simply replied.. 'No idea.'
Asked a variety of coworkers, 'no idea...'

No deductions from pay stubs..

Is this a state secret?
Or... Is it.. No cost, lol?

DeadOnArrival

Belt Wide
I like the sounds of that, when I tell people I work for UPS somewhere in the conversation they always bring up the good healthcare.

If I was married and had children I would be grateful for these benefits

As a single man.. I am still grateful, :censored2:.. This is one sweet gig if the benefits are free.. Wonder why no one else is excited to work here haha

km3

UPS contributes toward our Health and Welfare, which includes Teamcare and our pension.

DOA-----do you really go to your doctor once a month?

Not exactly sure how it all works, I admit. Just that my doctors always comment on my great coverage...and that that's what my BA told me, true or not.

DOA, I think there is supposed to be a deductible coming soon for us, but I don't know how much. Nothing compared to what people in reality are paying, I can at least promise that much. Teamcare is great.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not exactly sure how it all works, I admit. Just that my doctors always comment on my great coverage...and that that's what my BA told me, true or not.

DOA, I think there is supposed to be a deductible coming soon for us, but I don't know how much. Nothing compared to what people in reality are paying, I can at least promise that much. Teamcare is great.

For as much as people here complain about our coverage, Teamcare is among the better health insurance plans out there. Yes, there are co-pays and deductibles, but they simply force you to become a better medical consumer.

I had a root canal on Monday and got a post and crown put in yesterday. Zero out of pocket for both procedures.

km3

For as much as people here complain about our coverage, Teamcare is among the better health insurance plans out there. Yes, there are co-pays and deductibles, but they simply force you to become a better medical consumer.

I had a root canal on Monday and got a post and crown put in yesterday. Zero out of pocket for both procedures.

I never understood the complaints about Teamcare. I suppose that's in part because I didn't work here when Teamsters had the other plan. I can't complain, though. I invite anybody who thinks Teamcare is bad to try their luck in reality for a change...or talk to a family member that isn't in a union.

I also had some root canal work done about a year ago. I only paid for the crowns, and even then, only 10%. Everything else was covered, 100%.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The complaints about Teamcare is that it is lesser coverage than what many previously had but, as you said, it is far better than the average plan.

I thought that I had good coverage but my daughter's healthcare plan blows mine away. Her coverage, which started on day one of her employment, is amazing.

DeadOnArrival

Belt Wide
I know a lot of farmers, they're my neighbors, and work at the same hub as me.

Farm in the early morning, goto daylight sort, farm in the evening, they all have families and say if it wasn't for the health benefits, they wouldn't work at UPS

They love the coverage

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I like the sounds of that, when I tell people I work for UPS somewhere in the conversation they always bring up the good healthcare.

If I was married and had children I would be grateful for these benefits

As a single man.. I am still grateful, :censored2:.. This is one sweet gig if the benefits are free.. Wonder why no one else is excited to work here haha
We had our first child almost a year ago. My wife has her own insurance thru her employer plus is on ours so she's double covered. We ended up with an $800 check for overpayment for the delivery. Pretty crazy.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Been with the company over a year,
Just started getting healthcare benefits two months ago, happy with the coverage and co pays.. Got new contact lenses already after eye exam. Every month my family practitioner co pay is only $10..

The TeamCare website is designed well and easy to navigate..

How much is this great healthcare costing me?
I asked TeamCare directly on the phone last month and they simply replied.. 'No idea.'
Asked a variety of coworkers, 'no idea...'

No deductions from pay stubs..

Is this a state secret?
Or... Is it.. No cost, lol?
I always thought of the company paid health coverage as part of my salary. It's gotta be worth another $18k a year, on top of my pay. It's still good coverage in my supplement. I am grateful.

Great avatar btw.