Heard about customer complaints?

tourists24

Anybody heard anything about customers making national complaints by calling Atlanta about late deliveries due to eliminating/consolidating routes?
havent heard of national complaints yet in our center, but it doesnt suprise me if it is happening. I hear it from a lot of customers on my route when they cut routes. I end up with about 20 stops of business that are used to morning delivery, but when cuts happen, I end up getting to them between 3 and 5. Customer service is secondary to reports and making the number of routes allowed by higher ups. Our immediate bosses (on cars and center manager) are simply secretaries

Anybody heard anything about customers making national complaints by calling Atlanta about late deliveries due to eliminating/consolidating routes?

I hope there are. When we used to have problems that originated outside our ctr I used to hand out Atlanta`s number all the time. Just remind them to put in a good word for you.

Overpaid Union Thug

I've encouraged people to complain about the late commercial stops plenty of times. I don't tell them which number to call though. I just tell that that customer complaints hold more value than drivers because management doesn't listen to the drivers.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
***. you dont encourage our customers to complain....and blamming management and letting it appear to our customers that there are divisions in our organization? very high class. you should be fired for that.

ridiculous.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
***. you dont encourage our customers to complain....and blamming management and letting it appear to our customers that there are divisions in our organization? very high class. you should be fired for that.

ridiculous.

Everybody listen to salesguy and blame the late deliveries on yourself !!!!:surprised:

Apparently, salesguy hasn't been in trouble for taking a 61 minute lunch. That is from last stop before lunch to first stop after lunch. This happened in the morning to a driver and this **** has become ridiculous.

Anyhoo, if a complaint went corporate, all your dispatch sup would do is shuffle the stops around so somebody else is delivered around 4-5.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
you dont encourage our customers to complain....and blaming management and letting it appear to our customers that there are divisions in our organization

HHmmmmm

Lets see, we have pencil pushers that make liars out of our sales forces because they dictate how many drivers are allowed on road, so we have to deliver late air. And the Business that normally gets a morning delivery gets it at 3:30 today because of the cuts.

The customer raises hell with us because of the poor service, and we are to say nothing except that we love what we are doing, and everything is wonderful, it must be the customers attitude that needs fixing, it surely cant be the people at UPS?

Wake up sir, there are serious divisions in our organization. And serious issues in providing the promises you make to get our business. I hate some faceless, nameless bureaucrat that makes a liar out of not only my company, but of myself.

I guess we just need to tell them the same thing we are told. Shut up, no body wants to hear it. Just do what you can.

very high class
And your solution would be what?

you should be fired for that.

I guess that is what this company and our country has sunk to. Shoot the guy for telling the customer the truth. What, if we lie to them it should get us a promotion?

The more you post, the more I am convinced you are a troll. Can trolls have kids........

Or maybe its that you post what is really wrong with this company. For sure dont tell the emperor he has no clothes.

Unless Corp has an idea we have a problem, how can they fix it?

Then of course, if you have a bunch of dishonest managers that are trying to keep the truth from atlanta........well I could see where that would get your panties in a wad.:happy-very:

d

So it can be swept under the rug on the local level,right? I wouldn`t say to go straight to the top. Fine start local with the ctr,then division,then national. Problem is going to the top and let it come rolling back down to you is nowadays the only really effective way to deal with a problem with our,and other,companies.

some1else

Banned
salesguy what would your suggestion be when a customer complains about a 450pm delivery when they "have been del. before lunch for 15 years..." i tell them go ahead and complain; it wont hurt me any i deliver per EDD. if i encourage them not to complain then the problem has 0% chance of being fixed (no one will listen to me of course) but there is a big % chance of them not using us!

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
salesguy what would your suggestion be when a customer complains about a 450pm delivery when they "have been del. before lunch for 15 years..." i tell them go ahead and complain; it wont hurt me any i deliver per EDD. if i encourage them not to complain then the problem has 0% chance of being fixed (no one will listen to me of course) but there is a big % chance of them not using us!

get your salesguy involved.

or give them the 800 number. or tell your supe.

Overpaid Union Thug

Wow, most of you stole my thunder.

If you had payed attention salesguy you would have noticed that I said that management doesn't listen to our complaints....so why would I keep telling them anything?? Let the customers, who we should be aiming to please, voice their opinions to whoever they wish whether it be the 1-800 number or directly to our supervisors. And why would I get the salesguy involved when they have shown how worthless they are by not actively following up on sales leads? They hardly even help the customers that do start new accounts and its even worst for long time customers that have issues. So, maybe its you and most of your counterparts in the sales department that should be fired. Loosen up the tight slacks and get off the laptop every day and get out there and worry about your own job. The rest of us are tired of hearing about how unreliable you guys are.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
So some1else just tells them I am just following my edd. What he didn't say was - ya I knew your stuff was on here this morning, but I am going to deliver all my rezi's first and work my way to you cause that's the way it's in edd - I am gonna show my boss I know better then them!!

Unless your (extra business stops) are several miles away you need to deliver them first and save your rezi's for last. Don't worry you will still get your overtime.

Do you really need to be told this? If you do, you deserve everything you get from the management team.

Good luck with your customers.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

WHAT IN GOD'S NAME IS A SALESGUY GOING TO DO !!!

The bottom line in all this (you included) is that UPS wants all the business and all the sales but then in return we deliver whenever the hell we want as long as its before 5pm, and not between 12-1, and its the customers fault if their business is in a residential zone though they survive on daily package turnover !!!!

:angry::angry::angry:

A sales manager (and all management) doesn't give a rat's *** when the business doesn't ship anything out . PERIOD

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
So some1else just tells them I am just following my edd. What he didn't say was - ya I knew your stuff was on here this morning, but I am going to deliver all my rezi's first and work my way to you cause that's the way it's in edd - I am gonna show my boss I know better then them!!

Unless your (extra business stops) are several miles away you need to deliver them first and save your rezi's for last. Don't worry you will still get your overtime.

Do you really need to be told this? If you do, you deserve everything you get from the management team.

Good luck with your customers.

Unless you have just crawled from under a rock, you need to read this next sentence. UPS is saving millions on GPS and EDD and it is set up for maximum stops per hour.

Which means we are to deliver our packages in the order the computer is set at. Drivers have been fired for excess miles. Drivers are being disciplined for not following EDD. Drivers are instructed to follow instructions !!!

Go back under your rock, if this is news to you. :surprised:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Heff, I think you may have the 12-1 policy confused. There is no restriction on delivering between 12 and 1. There is a restriction on recording pkgs as closed between 12 and 1. I generally do between 15 and 20 stops, both commercial and residential, between 12 and 1. Most of the time I am able to deliver them all directly to the consignee but there are times when I do have to indirect, which is not ideal.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Heff, I think you may have the 12-1 policy confused. There is no restriction on delivering between 12 and 1. There is a restriction on recording pkgs as closed between 12 and 1. I generally do between 15 and 20 stops, both commercial and residential, between 12 and 1. Most of the time I am able to deliver them all directly to the consignee but there are times when I do have to indirect, which is not ideal.

Ideally you are correct.

But if a business is always closed at the same time, then either its PAS/EDD placement must be rearranged or the driver must drive excess miles to get the stop serviced. In my time here, I have found doctor office's to be the major thorn to the 12-1 policy

tiegirl

tiegirl
I tell the truth. I tell customers that due to the current economic conditions UPS processes have changed and that means that customers are getting pick ups and deliveries at the same time. Today one guy was mad about not knowing what was happening and said "Why didn't UPS notify me of the changes?". The best response again was the truth. We change on a daily basis and it is impossible to inform every account of the changes. This account is located in a rural area and even though pissed at the time understood what was happening and appreciated the truth. The truth was not showing disrespect to UPS. The truth was just telling it like it is. You cannot treat a customer like they are stupid and they do not deserve to be told the truth of what is happening. They too are experiencing the effects of this tough economy.

Go Drivers! You rock! I would not have a job without you!:happy-very:

HHmmmmm

Lets see, we have pencil pushers that make liars out of our sales forces because they dictate how many drivers are allowed on road, so we have to deliver late air. And the Business that normally gets a morning delivery gets it at 3:30 today because of the cuts.

The customer raises hell with us because of the poor service, and we are to say nothing except that we love what we are doing, and everything is wonderful, it must be the customers attitude that needs fixing, it surely cant be the people at UPS?

Wake up sir, there are serious divisions in our organization. And serious issues in providing the promises you make to get our business. I hate some faceless, nameless bureaucrat that makes a liar out of not only my company, but of myself.

I guess we just need to tell them the same thing we are told. Shut up, no body wants to hear it. Just do what you can.

And your solution would be what?

I guess that is what this company and our country has sunk to. Shoot the guy for telling the customer the truth. What, if we lie to them it should get us a promotion?

The more you post, the more I am convinced you are a troll. Can trolls have kids........

Or maybe its that you post what is really wrong with this company. For sure dont tell the emperor he has no clothes.

Unless Corp has an idea we have a problem, how can they fix it?

Then of course, if you have a bunch of dishonest managers that are trying to keep the truth from atlanta........well I could see where that would get your panties in a wad.:happy-very:

d