Heard about customer complaints?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
get your salesguy involved.

or give them the 800 number. or tell your supe.

This isnt a driver or BD issue...it is an operations issue..plain and simple. Ups cannot afford to loose ANY customers to friend-__cked up right now. Ups HAS to get back to basics. the sad thing about it is in most cases delivering earlier to a customer isnt an issue of money, but of "do it this way or else"...This is piss poor business decisions and someone better start looking into mgts issues going on right now.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I tell the truth. I tell customers that due to the current economic conditions UPS processes have changed and that means that customers are getting pick ups and deliveries at the same time. Today one guy was mad about not knowing what was happening and said "Why didn't UPS notify me of the changes?". The best response again was the truth. We change on a daily basis and it is impossible to inform every account of the changes. This account is located in a rural area and even though pissed at the time understood what was happening and appreciated the truth. The truth was not showing disrespect to UPS. The truth was just telling it like it is. You cannot treat a customer like they are stupid and they do not deserve to be told the truth of what is happening. They too are experiencing the effects of this tough economy.

Go Drivers! You rock! I would not have a job without you!:happy-very:

Ok, in rural situations this might be ok but not in metro cities...hell, fedex isnt doing this so ups better start shaping up!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Mgt isnt worrying about the customers because they are too obsessed in micromanaging their people right now...customer service has totally gone out the window and the last few drivers that actually still care are on their last leg.Ups needs to start involving drivers in decisions that can really effect customers and possibility of loosing these folks in the future.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
In this economy we should be doing everything we can to make customer service number 1 priority. Our mgmnt is failing miserably. In 20 years of driving no one has ever said to me we are sick of your service as an individual. I hear countless times how people are sick of our company's service. Salesguy, we have no problem airing our complaints with mgmnt to our customers. If that is something you think is wrong, then tell the clowns at the top to stop losing all of our volume.

tourists24

***. you dont encourage our customers to complain....and blamming management and letting it appear to our customers that there are divisions in our organization? very high class. you should be fired for that.

ridiculous.
we dont have to encourage customers to complain... they want answers because our service sucks anymore. We are not sales people; we have to give an answer that is truthful based on real world scenarios. If higher up doesnt listen to complaining drivers who TRULY care about service first, then maybe they will listen to customers. You dont want division in the ranks then do something to fix it

tourists24

In this economy we should be doing everything we can to make customer service number 1 priority. Our mgmnt is failing miserably. In 20 years of driving no one has ever said to me we are sick of your service as an individual. I hear countless times how people are sick of our company's service. Salesguy, we have no problem airing our complaints with mgmnt to our customers. If that is something you think is wrong, then tell the clowns at the top to stop losing all of our volume.
2 thumbs way up on that Monster.....

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Some customers use ups for the superior service from the drivers, EVEN THOUGH UPS IS MORE EXPENSIVE. Now if our service starts slipping what is the incentive of these customers staying with ups. They start using fedex ground and see the money savings they might NEVER come back..that should be very disturbing for ALL upsers..that includes management.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
It's hard to reckon to a customer that we really care about delivering at consistent times each day when routes are cut and added affecting del times, yet for pickups we are held to an actual time window. Pickup vol has always been priority over del vol. For a company that tries to stay ahead of the curve with gadgets, I for one wish they'd plan better for consistent del times- the best sales tool there is BAR NONE.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
This thread is really touching my last nerve. I wish I could sit down with, or have them ride with me, the people running this company into the ground. Every day I hear about sales leads and looking for volume while mgmnt pushes pkgs right to the competition. Fedex is in the town where I deliver an hour before we get there. All we worry about is inside numbers. Volume is down, why aren't we on the road early kicking everyone's butt? Don't give me this we have to make a profit BS. Give up a quarter's worth of profit to line us up for the long haul like we should have done 15 years ago. I know I'm just a driver but I heard it said long ago. It costs a lot more to acquire a new customer than it does to retain a current one. Man, I need to quit drinking Newcastle. BM

tourists24

This thread is really touching my last nerve. I wish I could sit down with, or have them ride with me, the people running this company into the ground. Every day I hear about sales leads and looking for volume while mgmnt pushes pkgs right to the competition. Fedex is in the town where I deliver an hour before we get there. All we worry about is inside numbers. Volume is down, why aren't we on the road early kicking everyone's butt? Don't give me this we have to make a profit BS. Give up a quarter's worth of profit to line us up for the long haul like we should have done 15 years ago. I know I'm just a driver but I heard it said long ago. It costs a lot more to acquire a new customer than it does to retain a current one. Man, I need to quit drinking Newcastle. BM
hard to believe the customer used to be able to set their watch to the delivery time

Coldworld

60 months and counting

I believe if mgt was out there on a daily basis(besides the on roads who are riding with people on a daily basis) they might see some of these problems. I really want this company to succeed, and personally mgt thinks most every employee is out to bankrupt the company in one way or another. This whole thing starts with attitude, and mgts attitude during this recession has been nothing short of pathetic, unprofessional and downright sick.Why hasnt the workforce been asked what they think about everything and where money can be saved and different ways customers can be gained...then we all do it as a TEAM.Why this divide, when EVERYONE who works here sees it happen day after day after day. When you kick your people into the ground everyday what the hell do you think they are going to do, get up and give you a hug...please

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Mgmnt will claim that our service levels have never been higher. Getting it there on the scheduled day and getting it there when a consignee can still use it are two different things. I believe no business should be delivered after 3PM. Receiving packages after your pickup driver has left is unacceptable. I'll bring it up to my center manager if I can get him and the Supes out of the bushes or sitting in their cars at the intersection.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Mgmnt will claim that our service levels have never been higher. Getting it there on the scheduled day and getting it there when a consignee can still use it are two different things. I believe no business should be delivered after 3PM. Receiving packages after your pickup driver has left is unacceptable. I'll bring it up to my center manager if I can get him and the Supes out of the bushes or sitting in their cars at the intersection.

Thats the start of the problem right there

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Someone posted on here a while back about complaints at the call centers going up...not sure if this was factual but wouldnt surprise me. Now think for a sec what would be going on if fedex was not in the picture or their service and volume was way down because of the passing of the trans bill. Ups would just about be the only show in town and could give horrible service and nobody could say anything....thats something to think about also.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Pet Peeve of a different sort. I hate it when you make an effort to get many of your business accounts early as possible and then pass by 4 to five hours later only to see the stuff you dropped off still sitting on their dock untouched

Wouldn't surprise me these people are the first to bitch when their packages doesn't arrive at their "regular" time.

slantnosechevy

and blamming management and letting it appear to our customers that there are divisions in our organization?

That has to be one of the biggest understatements I've heard on here. There are divisions between Operations and I.E. There are divisions between pre-load, Full-time Drivers, Unload, Mechanics, Feeders, Air Operations, AND SALES !! That's the way the company likes it. At each others throat trying to one up the other. That's why so many managers get fired for dishonesty. Trying to put the blame on another group by fudging numbers on productivity. The company hates happy employees. They try to instill that in the hourly but we have a union and for the most part have enough bad managers to turn on instead of each other like they do.

klein

Für Meno :)
Your realy a typical sales person ! They sent me several times 20 miles out of my way to deliver packages, and then do my own run... started that ofcourse 3 hrs later..... ofcourtse customers ask, why I'm late (heck, by then some were closed for lunch) and then they got it really late (backtracking on my behalf)... but ofcourse I opoligized, and said management told me to go there and there first, nothing I can do... Yes, should I lie, and tell them I broken down ? Don't think so ! Honesty is policy !

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
Your realy a typical sales person ! They sent me several times 20 miles out of my way to deliver packages, and then do my own run... started that ofcourse 3 hrs later..... ofcourtse customers ask, why I'm late (heck, by then some were closed for lunch) and then they got it really late (backtracking on my behalf)... but ofcourse I opoligized, and said management told me to go there and there first, nothing I can do... Yes, should I lie, and tell them I broken down ? Don't think so ! Honesty is policy !

are you drunk right now?

deepsouthmamaw

I got some bad news for you sales guy we were told yesterday at our pcm not to converse with our customers. UPS does not pay us to have conversations with our customers. So now with great curtisy I walk in with a smile say UPS could you sign here have a nice day and leave. So much for sales leads.