Heart Surgery

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
Its been a long time since ive posted, been lurking behind the scenes. Many of you know i have had heart problems, and these problems took at turn 5 mos ago. Im 34 and ended up having to have quintuple bypass surgery. I have one month left on part time disability, and am not sure about long term disability. The reason I say unsure is, well i am unsure. I know i am not 100% right now and will not return until i am 100%. If we didnt have so many pkge cars with NO power steering I feel i might be at work right now. I know the first day back i will be put in a car with no power steering and fear i will rip my chest back open.

I think its funny that the insurance company keeps telling me "if i quality for long term disability" and if this and if that I just want to yell. Does anyone know anything that would keep me from rolling into long term? I dont know if it is just a scare tactic on their part but its working!

goetface

Hey there, I'm sorry to hear about your heart problem, I pray for success in your surgery and everything else that follows, really. Although I got to ask, do you have a family associated history of heart problems? I'm literally shocked to see a 34 year old with a quintuple bypass surgery, what caused this exactly if you don't mind me asking? I only ask out of concern. I myself am 27 and take a pill for HBP, but in all honesty I could lose 15-20lbs, and change my diet and drinking.

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
It's hereditary, heart disease, my mom died at 40 from it. The Good Lord showed me favor for some reason! I have NEVER had hbp, hypertension, high cholesterol, and still dont have any of them. I have always had a clean bill of health well until I didnt! hehe

goetface

I see, I'm sorry to hear about your mother, that still interests me though how you have HD yet not HTN so you have no enlarged heart or damage, and you have no high cholesterol so you have no coronary blockage. I don't get why you would need a bypass then unless perhaps you have pericardiatis or a congenital defect that has worsened, what exact diagnosis do you got? I just graduated from RN school in june so this stuff really interests me.

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
Oh noo I had blockage and lots of it. Drs said i have an extremly hard pumping heart, which in my case is good with all the blockage i had/have. The only way they originally knew i had my original heart attack was with blood work and my first heart attack was actually my second. I had lots of blockage but no signs of anything abnormal cause my heart compensated for the blockage by pumping harder, had lots and lots of collateral veins. A year after my 2nd heart attack we decided to go ahead with by pass. It was crazy drs said i was lucky 4 of the 5 blockages were on the right side of my heart.