Heat in package car

Loyal Teamster

And why is ups no place for a woman? Do tell....

International Brotherhood of Teamsters. NOT International SISTERHOOD of Teamsters.
Plus UPS is a physically & mentally demanding work environment. New contract should state, If a woman wants to work for UPS, she should be paid no more than 84 cents on the dollar.

Thanks,
​Loyal Teamster

Loyal Teamster

International Brotherhood of Teamsters. NOT International SISTERHOOD of Teamsters.
Plus UPS is a physically & mentally demanding work environment. New contract should state, If a woman wants to work for UPS, she should be paid no more than 84 cents on the dollar.

Thanks,
​Loyal Teamster

outta hours

I can tell you in Texas pkg car A/C would have little effect on cooling you down. Here even in feeders you have to be on the road for a bit to get cooled off. Stoping and getting out every few minutes in pkg. car, would not allow it enough time to get cold.And all the cool air would escape. It would be good for to & from area, but that's about it.

I had a machine shop when I was in pkg. that I delivered to. The guy had a laser thermometer. Daily in the summer pointing it at a shelf it would read 165+. It's all what you acclimate your body too. I never got how guys could deliver in sub zero temps with ice & snow. But somehow we all survive.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

Thanks,
​Loyal Teamster
Dear Loyal Teamster,
Are you aware what year this is?
I think you are funning with us.

STFXG

Love my sprinters. They might not stay cold while getting in and out. But my eyes start to hurt by the end of the day from the cold air hitting me straight in the face. Turns the sweat on your forehead cold.

Even if it doesn't keep the cab cold, it makes a difference.

UPS_Broken_Dreams

Whaaaaa, my trucks too hot! Suck it up cupcakes, I sure plenty of you can afford water throughout the day. Feel bad for the Mexicans cutting your grass, not some overpaid package driver.

oldngray

nowhere special
I wonder how well trolls get paid.

troll-doll_240.jpg

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Thanks,
​Loyal Teamster
So, you think a woman should make less $$ for doing the same job as you simply because of her gender?? That sound somewhat similar to....a lawsuit waiting to happen lol. Physically demanding? So what, I've been loading for almost 6 years. Since you're so misogynistic, it must really chafe your ***** that THIS woman makes probably twice what you do lol. :not_fair:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

Thanks,
​Loyal Teamster

​One day, you will make your new husband proud !!!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
My AC wouldn't get below 62 last nite and the ice in my drink melted !!! I'm gonnah file for an unsafe work environment !!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I really think there are a few reasons for us seeing many more heat related incidents than in the past.

#1) production. Everyone says oh the old farmers use to work in pants all summer never phased them. They also did 50 stops on an in town route. Now u have guys running 200+

#2) all homes have a/c now. People in general are in a climate controlled area far more than they use to be. I keep my house at 68 80 can be a shock to my system when I walk out the door in the morning.

#3) body type. Some people are affected much more by heat than others. My dad is 6'1" 160lbs heat kills him. The man simply has no excess body weight to hold some water. I'm 6'2" 240 I drink a decent amount throughout the day but nothing crazy. Never gets to me. The people I see go down are usually on the two ends of the spectrum. Extremely overweight or rail thin.

Cementups

Box Monkey
So, you think a woman should make less $$ for doing the same job as you simply because of her gender?? That sound somewhat similar to....a lawsuit waiting to happen lol. Physically demanding? So what, I've been loading for almost 6 years. Since you're so misogynistic, it must really chafe your ***** that THIS woman makes probably twice what you do lol. :not_fair:

Careful, he thinks if you've been loading that long you must be a loser.
Don't even give him the chance to notice that you're female and your name is bleedinbrown. He will associate that with your monthly visitor and say "ain't nobody got time for that"

over9five

Staff member
Don't even give him the chance to notice that you're female and your name is bleedinbrown. He will associate that with your monthly visitor and say "ain't nobody got time for that"
39197163.jpg

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Wow, that was incredibly rude.

Last edited: