heavy volume!!!!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yeah, he's a fool and most non-comatose users on this forum know it. If he had his way, UPS would immediately fire all UPS drivers (including himself) and replace them with illegal mexicans for $3/hr under the table. UPS should also seize all pensions and 401k contributions made by teamsters and give it all directly to the shareholders in the form of an earth shaking dividend increase. All stewards and union officials would be arrested and indited on blackmail, extortion and racketeering charges.

Upstate is the guy that goes out drinking with management after hours, probably how he got to be such a brainwashed zombie. He's the guy that works off the clock in the morning. He is also that guy that punches out by 9.5, even if hes out on area with 30 stops left. In short, Upstate is the guy that is harming this union with his weak mind and soft membership.

Soft membership??? I thought I remember reading about upstate filing "a" grievance in his 23 years....that's pretty hardcore...lol.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I doubt ups gives veterans a chance just out of the goodness of their hearts but more likely for the tax benefit or trying to cover their ass from getting sued.....

Well, this thread has certainly turned stupid in a hurry.

Actually, UPS likes to hire ex-military because they have a good work ethic, they work hard without much whining and appreciate the pay and benefits after working in the armed forces for very little.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Actually, UPS likes to hire ex-military because they have a good work ethic, they work hard without much whining and appreciate the pay and benefits after working in the armed forces for very little.

Are you saying ups receives no breaks from hiring vets????

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I remember back in the late 70's and early 80's being a tax break but you had the same tax break for hiring the disadvantaged.
This year, some tax breaks were added back in $2400 - $9000 if I remember correctly.
So, you have a point with recent hires but you have to go back a couple decades or more for that to be an influence.
I was never in the military but I was in Personnel (Human Resources) for 4 years and this experience - coaching from HR management and talking with Center Managers.
There was very low turnover (if any) with ex-military hires from my ad-hoc experience.

Yeah, he's a fool and most non-comatose users on this forum know it. If he had his way, UPS would immediately fire all UPS drivers (including himself) and replace them with illegal mexicans for $3/hr under the table. UPS should also seize all pensions and 401k contributions made by teamsters and give it all directly to the shareholders in the form of an earth shaking dividend increase. All stewards and union officials would be arrested and indited on blackmail, extortion and racketeering charges.

Upstate is the guy that goes out drinking with management after hours, probably how he got to be such a brainwashed zombie. He's the guy that works off the clock in the morning. He is also that guy that punches out by 9.5, even if hes out on area with 30 stops left. In short, Upstate is the guy that is harming this union with his weak mind and soft membership.
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.......... Omg this post is an awesome straight up accurate blast. And I love it

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How did you know that I love to read works of fiction?

Leftinbuilding

As a semi-casual participant here on BC, I have a question.....Is Upstate a "Nancy", or a "Dave"? Seems I have seen both used in reference to him....or her.

Yes sir she is nancy. Till the end of time or my dead cold body as long as this is. Thats WHO she will be on the brown cafe. To a fault I will defend teamster & brown cafe members who she harasses. Happy mothers day NANCY

X2. What's with the Nancy crap. Jeez, he's like one of three people here who have the guts to go by his real name.
Listen here son everybody in my location knows who I am don't fool yourself. Everybody knows who you are in your location also. Just because a hilljack in some 11 car center posts pictures of himself with his name attached doesnt make him some kind of Jean Claud Van Damm Rambo Bad Ass. Being a Steward Every day on the front line + everybody knowing who you are by posting on this brown cafe doesn't either. It is what it is which is No Big Deal.