Hedge Fund Managers Buying Up Fedex Stock By The Millions

TUT

I've seen projections as high as $180 per share...

I've held on when it was $115 and was twitching, I've been ready to unload and reinvest with a much smaller company. Then the market took off, $180 hmmm... that would be sweet.

cancan

Most analysts say 160. It's nothing more than an old stock pump and dump. Everybody from your senior manager and up probably holds some equity I'm this company. That is why the focus is on stock price and cutting costs. They could care less about the courier or the customer. I've looked at the intrinsic value of this company and we've way over shot that already. This is a roller coaster ride I hope everyone loses their ass on.

cancan

I used to work for a mom and pop delivery company and after 9/11 we saw most of our accounts dry up. The owner of the company cooked hamburgers and told us he was freezing wages for a year. I think most of us understood that the company was in legitimate peril and didn't complain. We all felt invested in the companies future. The biggest mistake I made was going to a company that is publicly owned. For the decade I've worked here, every meeting is like the one I had after 9/11 without the burgers. My senior manager screams doom while at the same time tells me how excited is stock is going up. WAD. Get as much money as you can from this company and move yourself to financial independence. Pay off your house. Invest. It only gets worse from here. No union will save you.

DontThrowPackages

I used to work for a mom and pop delivery company and after 9/11 we saw most of our accounts dry up. The owner of the company cooked hamburgers and told us he was freezing wages for a year. I think most of us understood that the company was in legitimate peril and didn't complain. We all felt invested in the companies future. The biggest mistake I made was going to a company that is publicly owned. For the decade I've worked here, every meeting is like the one I had after 9/11 without the burgers. My senior manager screams doom while at the same time tells me how excited is stock is going up. WAD. Get as much money as you can from this company and move yourself to financial independence. Pay off your house. Invest. It only gets worse from here. No union will save you.
This is what I've been telling co-workers close to me. The heads of the company have plans moving forward into January and its going to look like the beaches of Normandie for FT couriers. Don't participate in Xmas this year. Tell the kids the money for toys needs to go to the stockholders this year and hopefully daddy can get that job with the city and then next Xmas will be wonderful.
I wouldn't be surprised if, come January, this company will have couriers working(two jobs) 7 days a week. 5 as a courier and 2 doing something on the weekends. Give it time, the gap between the Rich and Middle class will be akin to India and Mexico. When that happens...or should I say, just before that happens, expect to see gun bans like never before in this country. The Rich will see to it. Last thing the rich wants to see, as they come the stoplight in a 150,000 motorcar, is Bubba or Cletis with a long-arm looking to get payback. Going postal...call it whatever you want.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
This is what I've been telling co-workers close to me. The heads of the company have plans moving forward into January and its going to look like the beaches of Normandie for FT couriers. Don't participate in Xmas this year. Tell the kids the money for toys needs to go to the stockholders this year and hopefully daddy can get that job with the city and then next Xmas will be wonderful.
I wouldn't be surprised if, come January, this company will have couriers working(two jobs) 7 days a week. 5 as a courier and 2 doing something on the weekends. Give it time, the gap between the Rich and Middle class will be akin to India and Mexico. When that happens...or should I say, just before that happens, expect to see gun bans like never before in this country. The Rich will see to it. Last thing the rich wants to see, as they come the stoplight in a 150,000 motorcar, is Bubba or Cletis with a long-arm looking to get payback. Going postal...call it whatever you want.
Already doing this to the full-timers here. As I've stated, most are leaving and they are not replacing them. They are hiring part-timers and splitting up the remaining portion of the route. They stated, "Soon AM will be all part-timers" ... so far, they are DELIVERING on this Purple Promise.