Held Up

BigBrown609

Today at work I was held up and my cell phone was stolen while I was waiting for a pickup. I have already deactivated the phone and have a replacement but another phone like the one I had will cost me $200 at the least. Is there anyway UPS can help out with that since I was on the job? A police report has already been filed, idk if that matters about this though. Thanks

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Today at work I was held up and my cell phone was stolen while I was waiting for a pickup. I have already deactivated the phone and have a replacement but another phone like the one I had will cost me $200 at the least. Is there anyway UPS can help out with that since I was on the job? A police report has already been filed, idk if that matters about this though. Thanks
You can try but that would be out of the norm for UPS.

bluehdmc

UPS probably won't, (remember that the next time the ask you to call them). Your homeowners insurance may cover it though.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
ARTICLE 10
Section 3

The Employer shall reimburse employees for loss of personal
money or personal property in a holdup or vehicular accident while
on duty, up to a maximum of two hundred dollars ($200.00) per
employee, provided the employee promptly reports such holdup or
vehicular accident to the Employer and the police, and cooperates
in the investigation of such holdup or vehicular accident. Employees
shall be paid for all time involved. However, reimbursement for cash
loss shall be limited to one hundred dollars ($100.00).

DSM515

B.S. You were on the clock I'm sure it's in the master they will reimburse you up to 200$ Article 10 section 3. Your covered. file if they don't pay.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
ARTICLE 10
Section 3

You're covered OP.
File a grievance under Art 10 Sec 3 if they company does not comply.

BrownChoice

Well it took over 6 months to get my mileage and meal reimbursement due to "corporate". You think youll get any money in any kind of a reasonable time-frame???? Lol

FilingBluesFL

ARTICLE 10
Section 3

Damn, good call!

And hey, if you're lucky and they don't pay and you have to file on it, more than likely they will drag their feet paying on it after it gets a settlement, and then you can file an Article 17 on that!

:-D
:innocent:

Marne Vet

Sorry to hear about what happened. That happened to me [here] many years ago, and my State has a Victims Compensation Fund. It covered the money that was stolen. Not sure where you live, but you can check to see if your State has one, and if they would cover some of the loss for the cell phone. Doesn't hurt to ask. Good luck, and again, sorry to hear about what happened. At least you're safe.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sorry to hear about what happened. That happened to me [here] many years ago, and my State has a Victims Compensation Fund. It covered the money that was stolen. Not sure where you live, but you can check to see if your State has one, and if they would cover some of the loss for the cell phone. Doesn't hurt to ask. Good luck, and again, sorry to hear about what happened. At least you're safe.

My car was broken in to and my car radio (not factory) was stolen. The value ($300) was below my deductible ($1000) on my car insurance policy so claiming it was not an option. They never caught the thief or recovered my radio. I was advised to try to seek reimbursement through the VCF but when I did I was told it was income based and I didn't qualify for assistance.

To the OP---Bubblehead is right; however, I would think that you would need to provide proof of the value of your phone---UPS is not just going to cut you a check for $200.

If only you would have been armed.....

jaker

trolling
I was advised to try to seek reimbursement through the VCF but when I did I was told it was income based and I didn't qualify for assistance.
That made me laugh so you have to be poor to get your money back from the poor person who stole your stuff

And if you make good money you can just go buy a new one that the poor person stole from you

Good old America

oldngray

nowhere special
I refused to use my personal phone for UPS business. I would send DIAD messages. I would frequently get message back to call in. OK, give me about 15 minutes to get to a phone after I break off delivering. Its assumed everyone would have a (personal) phone for UPS to use. I refused to play that game.

wayfair

swollen member
my phone and personal belongings stay locked up in the cargo area...

whenever there is a new TAW driver doing shuttle, I have to tell them to let the center know to send me a message... If it isn't a family member or personal call... no no

Dragon

Package Center Manager
To the poster, glad your ok.

To all those who don't use their phone for "UPS business" please do not ask for the UPS discount with your carrier and

do not claim it as a tax deduction for work...you know who you are!

:alien:We are watching, NSA

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Wait for your warning letter for getting robbed. Be glad you didnt get hurt, tell your carrier, it was stolen, they will give you a new one. Dont ask UPS for anything. Be safe my friend.