helen, your thread leads to where?

SoyFish

Yeah, I clicked and got the same thing. I have to say it's annyoing that all the threads seem to be getting moved to labor relations or whatever. This is the most frequent area on teh site that I visit, it made sense that they were in here.

Why not just combine the two sections into one big UPS discussion?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
A mod did not delete this thread originally. This is a question for Cheryl, but I believe the problem is related to a link she may have posted. I have seen this problem come up before, its a technical glitch. As far as me moving some threads to the Labor Forum, that is where they belonged in the first place. I did that as a response to a member's comment. If a post concerns a contract matter, then it should go in the Labor Forum.

over9five

Staff member
Does "fatal error" mean someone was killed when this happened???

Cheryls name is in there, someone should call and make sure she's alright.

helenofcalifornia

I can understand contract talks going to a labor forum, but I think some of the threads that were moved there would be more of a benefit if viewed by the masses in this general forum, rather than the relatively few that take in the labor forum.

DS

Fenderbender
Scratch is distracted and under duress 2nite. So far he has moved 279 posts from teh UPS discussions forum to teh Labor Relations forum...:happy-very::funny::wink2:
Glad he's on my team,if his dilligence continues in the future, when someone does a search,they will find it where it should be.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoaxster
Scratch is distracted and under duress 2nite. So far he has moved 279 posts from teh UPS discussions forum to teh Labor Relations forum...:happy-very::funny::wink2:

Glad he's on my team,if his dilligence continues in the future, when someone does a search,they will find it where it should be.

I agree Scratch and DS. The MODs do a good job.

However, I can still have some fun with good natured ribbing...right?

Did not bother me you moved by "TEH" post nad it is in teh right place now.

SoyFish

I don't really check out the labor forum that much either Upstate. I guess I was shocked to see stuff moved, I didn't realize it was union stuff until now.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
as a practical matter, just about any discussion not centered on ups technologies, united way, automotive, and maybe a few others, would qualify to go there. labor issues are the staple of existence at ups.

the problem is that many threads morph into other subjects as well, or sidebar discussions, many times entering all of the criteria of many of the other forums, all in one thread.

sometimes in trying to make a site more user friendly, you create layers that leave other section of the site, like the other forums, not nearly so well traveled, and a lot of great posts get overlooked.

its one of the great hazzards of setting up a website community that has this much activity.

maybe the other forum should be called union issues instead of labor. that way union discussions about union issues go there, like hoffa or the strike that wasnt. that would leave threads that deal with labor in the main forum, since so many upser issues involve the contract

just my thoughts

d

atatbl

cat_thread.jpg