Hello Memphoids!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's 719 on a Sunday evening and 94 people are watching the FedEx Forums. That's about 4 times the usual number of observers. What gives? Perhaps a bunch of Fred's minions have been directed to study this site to determine their strategy for squashing those of us who want to insert a union into Fred's non-union nirvana.

In that case, I just wanted to say "Howdy" to all of you Memphoids out there who are missing re-runs of the "Dukes of Hazzard" to monitor us lowly hourlies. Yep, we're plum ready to sign them thar cards iffen Jimmy Bob over thar at the Teemsters gits offen hiz fat ass and actually does something instead of just talking about doing something.

Anyhow, just pour yourself another cold one and know that Bo and Luke are gonna' save Daisy, so don't get your panties in a wad over the "surprise" ending.

By the way, there's trouble headed down the tracks, and you are in the way.

Last edited:

vantexan

Maybe word has gotten out that this is the place for superb writing, comedy, drama, and adventure. Oh wait, that's HBO. Nevermind...

I do know one of my coworkers discovered this forum and figured out I'm Vantexan. Maybe it's East Texans. Hi Y'all!!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Going on 11:00PM looks like traffic here is down 2/3 so maybe the Memphoids can get some rest so they can look forward to Monday morning with Fred going over flow charts and stop gap reports while he complains about courier X who didn't make his goals and therefore is guilty of ripping him and the company off for billions of dollars.

Ghostwriter

Hello vantexan and everyone else, been lurking for awhile. I thought I would break silence now, just to say thanks to all whom have posted here. The info has been very useful to those of us that are in the trenches everyday. Its been great to have an underground informative system such as this.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Hello vantexan and everyone else, been lurking for awhile. I thought I would break silence now, just to say thanks to all whom have posted here. The info has been very useful to those of us that are in the trenches everyday. Its been great to have an underground informative system such as this.
Man the definition of underground certainly has shifted in the past 20 years

The union does their informing outside the workplace and in private. The best way to organize is PRIVATELY. Talk to your co-workers, set up a little "union meeting" outside of the workplace at say a bar or resturaunt. That is how you organize underground.

LTFedExer

The truth in all this is I asked 50 of my fellow couriers to lurk in the shadows just to pump up the stats and drive MFE into his conspiracy theories.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The truth in all this is I asked 50 of my fellow couriers to lurk in the shadows just to pump up the stats and drive MFE into his conspiracy theories.

Here's my take, for what it's worth. First, I think FedEx has most definitely stepped-up the monitoring of this site. Second, this may be due to employees who were formerly "fence sitters" finally realizing that Fred's plans for the future don't bode well for their own future. The recent fanatical push for productivity probably has a lot to do with it. People are getting tired of being run ragged, working for free (through "break), and all of the rest of Fred's BS. Third, the wheels are really starting to come off the bus, as in operations are suffering quite badly. I recently spoke with a dispatcher who said that this is the worst he's ever seen it due to a combination of new hires, quality couriers leaving, and incompetent management.

And finally, I think that the word about this site is getting around as more and more employees see the truth. There may even be some Teamster leadership taking a look, and perhaps realizing that they are never going to get anywhere at FedEx unless they change their tactics.

I don't have any concrete answers, but it's good to see that we are gaining a much larger audience.