Hello - New to forum with questions for longtime UPSers

BrownTown33

Hey everyone - I've been with UPS for a little bit now, over 3 years as a part timer in the New England Chelmsford Hub (One of the bigger ones from what I've been told)
I'd like to be a full timer in the hub but I'm not interested in the driving positions.

I've had people tell me it could still be 10+ years before I get a shot, and even one person telling me to wait another year for the next contract to come out and I might have a shot even then.

My current conundrum is I've been looking into the USPS and have a shot at becoming a Rural Carrier Assistant with them, and I could be looking at the same lengthy process, just my pay would be immediately much higher at ~17.50 than the current 13 I'm at right now but they gave me an ultimatum of either UPS or USPS since it would be a "conflict of interest" to work both.

Should I opt for the USPS position since it's generally more favorable for my current predicament or is there a real shot at becoming a full timer in the hub within the near future?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hey everyone - I've been with UPS for a little bit now, over 3 years as a part timer in the New England Chelmsford Hub (One of the bigger ones from what I've been told)
I'd like to be a full timer in the hub but I'm not interested in the driving positions.

I've had people tell me it could still be 10+ years before I get a shot, and even one person telling me to wait another year for the next contract to come out and I might have a shot even then.

My current conundrum is I've been looking into the USPS and have a shot at becoming a Rural Carrier Assistant with them, and I could be looking at the same lengthy process, just my pay would be immediately much higher at ~17.50 than the current 13 I'm at right now but they gave me an ultimatum of either UPS or USPS since it would be a "conflict of interest" to work both.

Should I opt for the USPS position since it's generally more favorable for my current predicament or is there a real shot at becoming a full timer in the hub within the near future?

Whenever you have a conundrum do you go to the internet and ask a bunch of strangers

Just wondering

BrownTown33

All the time man, I like asking the occasional elderly man in my local Market Basket as well.
Once and awhile I'll cruise out to the mall and get my best questions answered out there!