Hello! New to the forum and was wondering how to become full-time? How long does it normally take?

Teela

Hi All,

New to the forum here and was wondering how to become full-time at UPS. Been with the company now 7 years and still part time loading trucks. I want to drive the little brown delivery truck. I've seen many different ways on on here on the process of how to do it but does anyone know the REAL way? :)

Thanks, Teela

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
images59O8K5PV.jpg

upschuck

Thanks Chuck..soooo how do I do that?
There should be an informational board hung somewhere in the building for your sort. On that board, whenever there is an opening for a position, there will be a sheet that describes the position. That is the sheet that you sign, and the highest seniority person receives the position. If you don't know where the board is then ask a coworker.

P.S. That is where you'll find when the next union meeting is as well. (Possibly a different board)

fedsex

ok im confused I see my local ups is hiring for a driver so what does that mean if you have to start as a handler how can they post driver position? im considering leaving fedex express for ups

upschuck

ok im confused I see my local ups is hiring for a driver so what does that mean if you have to start as a handler how can they post driver position? im considering leaving fedex express for ups
Make sure it is permanent position, and not temp seasonal work. It so go for it.